MLB Discussion

Can someone explain how the Mets can have so many good SP prospects in the last 3 years and yet their bullpen is almost exclusively made up of scraps from the rest of the NL East?

Stockpiling during a long rebuild. Talk radio has been trashing the process here for the past 5 years. Hope it works for this year!

Stockpiling during a long rebuild. Talk radio has been trashing the process here for the past 5 years. Hope it works for this year!

Doesn't answer my question though. The Mets are still only fielding two above replacement (non pitching) players currently so I wouldnt count any chickens yet.

teams want their best pitchers to stay starters and only move them to the pen if needed for health or performance issues. Nothing too complicated there. It's just chance how it all shakes out on an MLB team level.

I guess I'm just fascinated that none of their minor league SP talent has been deemed better suited for an MLB bullpen role. Maybe the Mets will move more in that direction once Wheeler is back and they have a solid young rotation

Quick interjection, looking for some outside perspective ASAP.

Guy wants to trade me Gerritt Cole and Joc Pederson for Carlos Gomez. I think both those dudes have pretty solid potential and either one of us could win this trade at the end of the year. Thoughts?

I'd probably do it.  The negative difference between Pederson and Gomez is somewhat large, but Cole more than makes up for it.  Plus I'm always a bit leary of hamstring issues with speed guys. 

Quick interjection, looking for some outside perspective ASAP.

Guy wants to trade me Gerritt Cole and Joc Pederson for Carlos Gomez. I think both those dudes have pretty solid potential and either one of us could win this trade at the end of the year. Thoughts?

who are your OF options on your team?  without knowing that I say do it.  Cole should get 200 IP this year, and i'd be shocked if he didnt get close to that many K's, too.  With how bad the Brewers are I dont think many players are going to be safe keeps, meaning, if they continue this trend of losing, Gomez is probably going to be traded, and who knows how he'll perform outside of 81 games at Miller Park.

Ventura needs to calm the fuck down. Jeeesus.

Fight. Check the highlights.

Okay I think it's safe to say now that the Royals can't claim victim. Clearly they are instigating, three teams in two weeks. Getting pretty pathetic. Ventura particularly, that guy better pray he stays on the junior circuit.

Ventura is just a dick on his own. Interleague will get him hurt. I'm tired of his shit.

The hits are getting tiring. There are plenty more dicks not getting hit. But if none of you pay attention, KC/CHI is always like this.

Jesus. Remember when two drunk CHI fans beat the shit out of our 80 y/o first base coach?