MLB Discussion

The flips came after pivotal wins. emotions run high for having no chance and 29 seasons of no playoffs. they werent after a double play or a homerun. jesus.

um, Ozzie Smith did them be-FORE every game....so yeah. theres that. is he an asshole in your opinion?

Lawrie did handle it well after the first screw up. maybe he felt like shit, maybe he felt bad...who knows. after he got hit (baseball code) it was over, right? no. Kaz hits Cain. he gets paid millions for throwing across the plate. what was wrong was Duffy getting a warning before he even stepped foot on the field. that shows me that it was intentional. did it deserve Herrera's burner? no. absolutely not. but players look out for players...that was his call. it was dumb.

i think its funny and never thought id be having a discussion about Royals players being assholes, but hey, maybe im just still hungover from winning the pennant.

Yeah, ventura is a hot head. that stare down was odd and dumb. most teams have one. hes young. harper was a twat at that age too. lots of players were.

what have Hosmer and Moustakas done? they're bros? they only came up together and have played with each other riding on 10 years now? yeah, they shouldn't be as close and just take baseball as a business and just go to work and not high-five. this is the only way i read that.

this shit happens daily. all across the league. i have nothing more to add about it.

Ozzie only did that before All Star games.

So you have no question that Kazmir hit him on purpose? Let's pretend it's a fact. He hit Cain with a slider on his foot. Herrera literally threw 100 MPH and after told Lawrie that next time it's coming at his head.

Regarding Moustakas, Hosmer and Lawrie..they're douche bags. Just my opinion, but I bet a lot of players share it.

Ozzie did it at home games too. I lived there and witnessed.

Anyhow, the Kaz hit. If we're pretending it's a fact and it was a slider, but it was at the ALCS MVP. he's fast. One of his weapons is running down impossible hits. Hitting him at the body part that allows for that was clear. He could of had a break or fracture. If not, like today, oh goody. Whew. A near miss. No what if game though. I need to get out of that mentality or my opinion will be way off.

Again. Herreras pitch was awful. Head throws are the lowest of all things. I'll never support or praise plays that could end lives. All sports.

Having players we think are diuchebags are just how it goes. Sometimes there's a reason, sometimes not. Looks. Hustles too much. Hairstyle, who fn knows. Do we have to be fans of our own players? No. Plenty I think are turds too.

There was just bad blood from game one. Coming back here after the wild card must have been a mission mode. Clearly. Who wouldn't want revenge even this early. Lawries new, but not to KC. no clue why that happened. After the Kaz hit, warnings ensued. Duffy sucked hard with his walks but ate his emotions. It should have ended. The game was too close to hit someone. But we can all agree Herrera was a dick for that.

I love how A's fans keep calling it a slider when it was a 92 mph pitch and Kazmir has said himself it was a fastball that got away from him. Never mind the fact that he already got 2 outs on his first 4 pitches and he through at the legs of the fastest guy on the team with a batting average over .400.

Also find it funny that people say Herrera was throwing at his head when it was behind him and bicep level high. Why in the world would he say he was throwing at his head after? He knows that he would get a huge suspension if he admitted that. He was saying "think about it" because it had just started raining and he was using the rain as an excuse to throw at him.

Also, Hosmer and Moustakas are the douchiest pair of teammates in the league I think. I'm still waiting for one of them to live up to any of the hype that they have.

5 post season HR's last year was pretty solid for Moose...after getting sent down. seems to be the routine these days.

but yeah, we're still waiting for those turds to be something more too. lots of pressure with KC getting so many top 10 picks over the last two decades...Hoz picked up a gold glove..i want more.

i.e. offense. their defense is fine.

So much drama this weekend....

On another note, the quick thinking throw to first base by Jon Lester was entertaining. Do whatcha gotta do, man. 

Edit: I can't get the video to work. Whomp Whomp. 

who was that prospect KC basically stole away from the NFL a couple years ago with their 1st rd pick?  shit, I cant remember his name

bubba starling.  not the NFL, but Nebraska football. 

I think your talking about Bubba Starling. Yeah, took him from playing Big 10 football. 

I love how A's fans keep calling it a slider when it was a 92 mph pitch and Kazmir has said himself it was a fastball that got away from him. Never mind the fact that he already got 2 outs on his first 4 pitches and he through at the legs of the fastest guy on the team with a batting average over .400.

Also find it funny that people say Herrera was throwing at his head when it was behind him and bicep level high. Why in the world would he say he was throwing at his head after? He knows that he would get a huge suspension if he admitted that. He was saying "think about it" because it had just started raining and he was using the rain as an excuse to throw at him.

Also, Hosmer and Moustakas are the douchiest pair of teammates in the league I think. I'm still waiting for one of them to live up to any of the hype that they have.

My mistake on the pitch. I was listening on the radio live and only saw one replay. Kazmir throws the slider to the back foot of righties so I assumed that's what it was.

Herrera was dumb enough to throw a pitch that is unquestionably going to get him suspended. I don't think he deserves the benefit of "he isn't stupid enough"