MLB Discussion

Braves would be so annoying to play if they recalled Wisler and Folty and sent Stults and overweight Cahill to the pen. Offense would still suck but every game would be 2-1

You love your Braves prospects. Weren't you pining for La Stella all last year?

Had to look those guys up. Wisler had a bad year last year following some pretty good ones. Folty has a career 1.4 whip in the minors. The 2-1 comment seems like a gigantic stretch from what I can see.

You love your Braves prospects. Weren't you pining for La Stella all last year?

Had to look those guys up. Wisler had a bad year last year following some pretty good ones. Folty has a career 1.4 whip in the minors. The 2-1 comment seems like a gigantic stretch from what I can see.

TLS is still an MLB starter, mind you, but he was a disappointment. What else do I have to look forward to as a fan? Hart won't sign a significant free agent until 2017 and rightfully so. Wisler has looked really good so far this season. Folty is almost ready, his WHIP is high because he throws a 98 mph fastball and hasn't developed supreme command yet.

Wislers "bad" year was in the PCL by the way, so his ERA and HR/9 are inflated

The average ERA in the PCL is something like 4.5. It's still an average to below average year against AAA hitters.

Haven't these guys pitched single digit numbers this year so far? And there have been plenty of guys who put up shitty numbers throwing 98.

you can look on the bright side for your team. I do too. I am discussing the guys you brought up. The numbers don't suggest them to be aces in waiting.

The average ERA in the PCL is something like 4.5. It's still an average to below average year against AAA hitters.

Haven't these guys pitched single digit numbers this year so far? And there have been plenty of guys who put up shitty numbers throwing 98.

you can look on the bright side for your team. I do too. I am discussing the guys you brought up. The numbers don't suggest them to be aces in waiting.

I agree it was a below average year for him but scouting reports are still high on his command of the strike zone. He will be a solid replacement for the suddenly made of glass Mike Minor. My 2-1 statement was just anecdotal, I'm just suggesting that they would be much better than the two guys Atlanta is rolling out there 4/5 right now.

PCL is such a hard league to gauge any pitching (and hitting) ability because of how many games are played in high altitudes in hitter-friendly parks.  I've struggled following Milwaukee's AAA team in Nashville, now in Colorado Springs, because of this.  I get excited/upset with numbers some guys put up in AAA and then come to the majors and flop... 

PCL is such a hard league to gauge any pitching (and hitting) ability because of how many games are played in high altitudes in hitter-friendly parks. I've struggled following Milwaukee's AAA team in Nashville, now in Colorado Springs, because of this. I get excited/upset with numbers some guys put up in AAA and then come to the majors and flop...

Well he's pitching in Gwinnett now for at least half a season, so his numbers will either come back down to his minor league career norm or not.

As for Folty, I agree to an extent. There has been a lot of talk about moving him to the bullpen. I think he's realistically going to get most of this season to try and improve his command in AAA, because he seems to be really intent on staying a starter. Plus with Cody Martin tearing it up so far the Braves don't need to be in a hurry to convert more starters to bullpen arms.

Anyone had a really good run on beat the streak before? I've gotten around 15.

My best was 11 last year.

I think my first game this year will be 5/3. Should be getting to 10 or so this summer, with Father's Day being the one I'm looking forward to the most. Taking my dad and grandpa and it might be my daughter's first game.