NFL Discussion

My reasoning and understand I've won a bunch of $ on the Pats this year:

The Texans D is still underperforming. I see them rising to this game. Their offense led by a Foster heavy game plan should abuse the Pats swiss cheese D. I know the Pats are good against the run but I see mixing Foster up better than last time around - he is an excellent receiving RB.

I Question if the Pats are this good or are their numbers padded being in a shit division where they went 6-0 vs the Fish, Jets and Bills. I'm banking a bit on the latter.

Now, Foxboro is a big advantage and the weather will be a factor. 

I doubt I'd bet Houston moneyline but I see the potential for an upset. Now, I know the Pats beat Houston 42-14 earlier this year but I think Kubiak is a pretty good coach and will come prepared. 

Either way, I like the way this game stacks up as a rematch from the regular season. 

Hell yes! Glad seattle is getting the love, been struggling at the Qb position since Pete joined (always for that matter) It's going to be a very tough game against the falcons. Matt Ryan is very good at home and hopefully we won't get off to a slow start again bc Atlanta will make you pay.

3/4 on my picks so far.. not bad.

the only way houston beats the pats is if they play the "nothing to lose" game. because really, they don't have anything to lose. they've been soft for weeks now, and already embarrassed by the pats once.

patriots are the better team, but given their playoff history in the last 7 years, it's never easy to bet on them.

watching RG3 struggle after (re-)hurting his knee on the second drive of the game reminded me of jay cutler going down a few years ago.  everyone got all pissy at cutler for staying on the sidelines when he knew he couldn't help the team, but is anyone going to blame RG3 for putting his ego (in terms of toughness or street cred) above the team?  I'm guessing that cousins would have had a better shot if he came in with an 11 point lead instead of a 10 point deficit.

it's also kinda interesting that the redskins/RG3 situation is almost the exact opposite of the washington nationals' treatment of strasburg.  strasburg was ~healthy and the nationals sit him down as a precaution to protect his (and their) future, while RG3 was hurt and the redskins put him in (despite dr. james andrews feeling iffy about doing so), risking his (and their) future.

I picked up on watching NFL a few weeks ago (5 weeks in the U.S. got me hooked ^^) and I gotta say I just love it! I'm enjoying it even more with every game. 

Seeing RG3 play for that long while being obviously injured was just harrd to watch and not understandable at all. Yeah, he's an awesome quarterback, but why endanger someones health just for the sake of the game. Didn't they see he wasn't gonna do anything after the 1st quarter, limping around like the Hunchback of Notre Dame?

Worst call by the coaches if you ask me, but I'm really glad for the Seahawks they got the W. Now I wanna see a surprise rush through the playoffs, guys! 

i still believe acquiring rg3 was one of the worst decisions dan snyder has made (and there are many). For one, they have built the franchise around him and they aren't protecting him and at what cost? Their next two first round picks and a second round pick. If this is an ongoing injury, they are headed back to the bottom of the nfc and even if its not ongoing, they are still going to have a hard time fixing this seasons problems and continuing to grow.

getting rg3 was a short time solution to hide a long term problem.

i still believe acquiring rg3 was one of the worst decisions dan snyder has made (and there are many). For one, they have built the franchise around him and they aren't protecting him and at what cost? Their next two first round picks and a second round pick. If this is an ongoing injury, they are headed back to the bottom of the nfc and even if its not ongoing, they are still going to have a hard time fixing this seasons problems and continuing to grow.

getting rg3 was a short time solution to hide a long term problem.

Dan Snyder didn't make that trade. Bruce Allen did. When Shanahan was brought in one of the stipulations was that GM is the shot caller and Snyder just signs the check. The last move Snyder was responsible for was Haynesworth. 

Dan Snyder didn't make that trade. Bruce Allen did. When Shanahan was brought in one of the stipulations was that GM is the shot caller and Snyder just signs the check. The last move Snyder was responsible for was Haynesworth. 

interesting. didn't know that. however, i still say it was a pretty dumb thing of him to do.  really just a short time solution to hide and create a even longer long term problem.