NFL Discussion

I highly doubt Manziel was doing blow. He can't be that stupid. Being photographed hanging with celebs is one thing. Tossing your career out the window doing drugs before he even plays a snap is another. I for one want to see the kid tear up the league and shut everyone up. I'm not a Browns fan either.

Can't really assume anything about these guys.  Seems like some of them just don't get it, or let the fame go to their heads.  Who knows what the real story is, but if this photo is legit, what other reason is there for him to be doing it?  Wouldn't surprise me if he got drunk and someone put blow in front of his face and he went for it.

Yeah I could be wrong. It's just hard for me to believe this kid acknowledges he's being photographed everywhere he goes and he still would do that. I guess the Browns can drug test him.

I completely agree with your thought process - you would think any sane person who has had to work for anything in life should understand their situation and how you can easily destroy everything you worked for.  And they probably can't drug test him at this point - most hard drugs like cocaine and prescription pills get metabolized very quickly in the body and are usually out of the system in a few days.  Marijuana stays the longest.

All I want is for Cam to keep improving and for the Panthers to have back to back winning seasons. Is that too much to ask?

With that defense why not? Haha. Sure it'll be hard being it that you're in the same div as the Saints and Falcons but I always take defense over offense.

With that defense why not? Haha. Sure it'll be hard being it that you're in the same div as the Saints and Falcons but I always take defense over offense.

We always find a way to shit the bed. Either through schemes or the injury bug. I think only one or two teams have repeated as division champs since the creation of the NFC South

Unfortunately in the NFL tight ends don't get much love. Dallas Clark was the highest paid TE ever, both Antonio Gates and Tony Gonzalez have out worked him in their careers. 

"Over the past three years, the former college basketball player has led all NFL players with 36 touchdown catches, while averaging 90 catches, 1,169 yards and 12 touchdowns per season."

No love for TE's

Unfortunately in the NFL tight ends don't get much love. Dallas Clark was the highest paid TE ever, both Antonio Gates and Tony Gonzalez have out worked him in their careers. 

"Over the past three years, the former college basketball player has led all NFL players with 36 touchdown catches, while averaging 90 catches, 1,169 yards and 12 touchdowns per season."

No love for TE's

Yea they get overlooked cause they "can't take the top off the coverage."

They can still win 90% of red zone battles, and basically catch the ball anywhere on the field.  These athletic freak TEs are definitely becoming more and more valuable though, and I think its getting hard to ignore.

On further thought, I think the contract might kinda be in the ballpark. Throw out the QBs (that is a different animal). Most of the WRs and RBs who sign huge deals, have them backloaded ($10 million now, closer to $15 later) and they almost always end up restructuring later. 4 year deal probably won't be restructured.

Still  probably a little low, but I think that is playing a role.

The whole Rice slap on the wrist is bullshit. Same with Jim Irsay not having any punishment yet. I know he is an owner that pays Goodell's salary, but there are some serious laps in the punishment. According to the NFL domestic violence (that Rice video is crazy) < weed/DUI = PEDs. And owners can do whatever they want.