NFL Discussion

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I think Kaepernick is worth a big contract. I'm biased but. It's a what have you done for me lately league and he was 5 yards and two Richard Sherman inches from two Super Bowl titles in the last two years. Meanwhile Johnny Manziel is two inches from satisfying a woman..

Sorry had to do it.

Hahahaha 2"

Manziels, not Shermans.

I think Russell will get over paid (I think it's worth it) but it likely depends completely on this season and how well he does. If the Niners had a Crappernick post season last year then the HUGE contract that he'll get wouldn't even be talked about. Beast mode is on a contract year that the hawks won't likely pick up so lucky for Wilson he's set up for a good season and a big pay day.

One can only think about how the niners team will stick together after a huge deal such as this

I guess its a good thing they had all those draft picks?

Then again, I know nothing about the niners and their contracts etc...

Most of the major players are signed for multiple years besides Crabtree, who frankly I would let walk.

Aldon needs to get his shit together off the field while maintaining his production on the field if he wants to get paid like he deserves.

I like Crabtree, but we did pretty well without him, and that was WITHOUT Stevie Johnson and Brandon Lloyd, so I won't be too distraught if he goes. I have no real stance on Iupati, but I hope they manage to keep him (Crab too).

Aldon needs to get his shit together off the field while maintaining his production on the field if he wants to get paid like he deserves.

I like Crabtree, but we did pretty well without him, and that was WITHOUT Stevie Johnson and Brandon Lloyd, so I won't be too distraught if he goes. I have no real stance on Iupati, but I hope they manage to keep him (Crab too).

I agree about Aldon but if the Niners refuse to pay him, someone else will

There's no way Kaepernick is worth $100 million.

My QB (Cam Newton) is about to get PAID!

Neither is worth a large contract.  Cam's #'s aren't real impressive in his first 3 years.  Granted, last year was a solid year for Carolina, but the lack of a real threat at the WR core may hurt his production this year.

I'm sorry, after hearing Kaep in many interviews this dude is still a kid. He doesn't even talk like a leader. He's stubborn. I'm sorry, but anyone who says, "I'd take the Crabtree 1 on 1 with Sherman" any day doesn't have a whole lot of football smarts, and has way too much pride. Kaep knows... Manning knows...

With that being said he's a tremendous talent, don't know a whole lot about his work ethic, we'll see if his production drops off or increases! With a defense like the 9ers he'll have plenty of snaps on the offense that's for sure.

Neither is worth a large contract. Cam's #'s aren't real impressive in his first 3 years. Granted, last year was a solid year for Carolina, but the lack of a real threat at the WR core may hurt his production this year.

Our last GM fucked us like crazy cap wise, but our new GM has been money so far. Two consecutive ROY's and built a top 5 defense. Now we have to work on our offense. Kelvin Benjamin was an excellent pick. His potential is scary. That being said, you put Cam on the Niners and they beat Baltimore.

I'm sorry, after hearing Kaep in many interviews this dude is still a kid. He doesn't even talk like a leader. He's stubborn.

If this is true it's a step in the right direction (from ESPN):

"When signing the contract, Kaepernick specifically requested that it allow the 49ers the flexibility to negotiate extensions with other players such as wide receiver Michael Crabtree. According to one source, Kaepernick specifically asked, "So this structure gives us room to try extensions with my teammates, right?" He was told yes."

Our last GM fucked us like crazy cap wise, but our new GM has been money so far. Two consecutive ROY's and built a top 5 defense. Now we have to work on our offense. Kelvin Benjamin was an excellent pick. His potential is scary. That being said, you put Cam on the Niners and they beat Baltimore.

Kaepernick beats Newton straight up with evenly matched defenses last season = Newton better than Kaep? That's a shaky argument.

Kaepernick beats Newton straight up with evenly matched defenses last season = Newton better than Kaep? That's a shaky argument.

The offenses weren't even close to being equal. The Niners were clearly the better offensive team. That doesn't mean Kaep is better than Newton.

Edit: Cam took over a 1-15 team. Kaep walked into a team that went through their growing pains already with Alex Smith. Completely different