NFL Discussion

ESPN just texted me that for the first time since 1937 the University of Texas didn't have a player drafted.

Saw that on the Madden ticker...crazy.

Tajh Boyd to the Jets in the 6th round. Wow.

Also Michael Sam was almost Mr. Irrelevant. I kinda wish he was because it would of been kind of cool since they have fun with it anyway. Hey at least he was drafted.

At least he was drafted? He was clearly overshadowed by the politics. Sucks. Co SEC defensive player of the year no excuses he should've gone in the top 3 rounds. http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/awards/sec-dpoy.html

At least he was drafted? He was clearly overshadowed by the politics. Sucks. Co SEC defensive player of the year no excuses he should've gone in the top 3 rounds. http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/awards/sec-dpoy.html

If you watch his game tape he was a completely one-note pass rusher. I actually feel like he was only drafted by the Rams there at the end FOR the politics. (Because lets be honest it would have turned into a whole big thing if he went undrafted about people claiming the NFL wasn't ready for an openly gay athlete)

If you watch his game tape he was a completely one-note pass rusher. I actually feel like he was only drafted by the Rams there at the end FOR the politics. (Because lets be honest it would have turned into a whole big thing if he went undrafted about people claiming the NFL wasn't ready for an openly gay athlete)

I respect your opinion but I disagree. 3rd down is key in the NFL and that one-note pass rusher (M. Sam) is very productive at getting to the QB. I've read plenty of reports (at the least 4) comparing him to an Elvis Dumervil type which could supplement the 3-4 perfectly and have him move to DE on 3rd downs much like Shawne Merriman and Dumervil. What would a city like St. Louis have to gain from the politics of M. Sam? If the NFL were rooting for him via politics they'd go to a large televised commercial market like NY or SF. If he wasn't drafted some team would've picked him up in the supplemental draft, again he's SEC defensive player of the year, people don't receive that award out of the blue...

At least he was drafted? He was clearly overshadowed by the politics. Sucks. Co SEC defensive player of the year no excuses he should've gone in the top 3 rounds. http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/awards/sec-dpoy.html

No way. He's undersized and had an inflated sack number due to playing next to Kony Ealy, who went in the second round if I remember correctly. The same thing happened to Kelcy Quarles from SC. Inflated sack numbers playing next to Clowney and didn't get drafted. No one is crying foul over him.

Another interesting point is what happens if he doesn't make the team. The Rams have a VERY good DLine and he's a 7th round pick, it is feasible .