NFL Discussion

i have no idea. she attacks, he shoves her away.. just hard enough that she hits her head on the wall? a rogue elbow catches her in the temple?

my initial reaction was the assumption that he just clocked her in the face.. just as everyone else's was/is.

i still believe he deserved more than 2 games, especially in regards to the penalties that others face for much lighter offenses.

I do look forward to the time when everytime a player gets suspended, someone doesn't go "well Ray Rice hit his wife and only got two games." Not just this thread. Heard it multiple times while fantasy drafting this weekend (discussing Prater, Bell, Gordon, etc..).

I guess the NFL has never suspended a first time offender for any incident more than 4 games. He wasn't going to get more than 4, even if he decked her. Maybe it was a little more on the incidental side of things, which is where they came up with 2.

I bet the details come out one day. Nothing really stays secret forever anymore.

Interesting take on Josh Gordon. Glad I through a 12th round pick out there on him:

One theory as to why the appeal is dragging on for so long was offered by Dawg Pound Nation, a Browns blog, speculating it may be due to the arbitrator stalling to give the NFL time to settle with Gordon's legal team. If Gordon's team is confident in its chances, it could have refused to settle thus far, putting the NFL in a tough spot. Because the arbitrator must make an all-or-nothing ruling, the NFL risks getting no suspension if it doesn't settle, and even a 16-team suspension is probably not optimal from a public relations standpoint given Ray Rice's two-game suspension for a much more serious offense. Moreover, even if Gordon loses, he might have grounds to sue the NFL in the state of Ohio to stop the enforcement of the suspension. In which case, it would make sense for the NFL to seek a settlement, Gordon's camp not to settle for more than a very short, if any, suspension, and for the case to drag out as a result. Of course, no matter how logical, it's only a theory, and until we have a verdict, drafters will have to speculate on Gordon's availability.

Am I the only one that's okay with this. Maybe it's because of my job, but I feel that the discipline should depend in the situation. Meaning that drug offenses shouldn't be heaped in with domestic abuse offenses. I still think Rice should've gotten 4-6 games.

Ray Rice's punishment was way too lenient.  I understand it's his first offense, but fuck that, give him a 4-6 game suspension, minimum.

Gordon's violation is, in my opinion, minor and only there due to an out-dated rule.  Having said that, the guy brought it on himself being a continual moron.  When you violate the same rule 4 times, you kind of have it coming.  While I do think it's a shame he will miss this season, it is totally his own fault.  Him and Blackmon are fucking idiots.  So many people would kill to be in their position, and these guys just throw it away to smoke pot and get drunk.

Ray Rice's punishment was way too lenient.  I understand it's his first offense, but fuck that, give him a 4-6 game suspension, minimum.

Gordon's violation is, in my opinion, minor and only there due to an out-dated rule.  Having said that, the guy brought it on himself being a continual moron.  When you violate the same rule 4 times, you kind of have it coming.  While I do think it's a shame he will miss this season, it is totally his own fault.  Him and Blackmon are fucking idiots.  So many people would kill to be in their position, and these guys just throw it away to smoke pot and get drunk.

even with that said.  he passed 70 tests after his previously failed test.  then with the one he failed, his cup b sample passed.  how does that happen?  shouldn't cup a and cup b if taken from the same sample both be the same?  their system is flawed or an error happened while administrating the test.

even with that said.  he passed 70 tests after his previously failed test.  then with the one he failed, his cup b sample passed.  how does that happen?  shouldn't cup a and cup b if taken from the same sample both be the same?  their system is flawed or an error happened while administrating the test.

It was in his system either way, which meant he had either a) smoked at some previous time, probably a long time beforehand or just a tiny bit a while before or B) was around people smoking it.

Either way it was not a smart move on his part given his position int he NFL drug program.

It was in his system either way, which meant he had either a) smoked at some previous time, probably a long time beforehand or just a tiny bit a while before or B) was around people smoking it.

Either way it was not a smart move on his part given his position int he NFL drug program.

well with the amount of nanograms that were found in his sample, second hand smoke seems likely since he was getting tested more than 4 times a month. 

if his only problem is hanging out with people that are smoking and again we don't know the whole situation, it just seems wrong.

i hate cleveland, i am a ravens fan.  i think jg got mishandled and ray rice walked away pretty much free.

another problem i have is that ray rice, matt prater, aldon smith, and others had a chance to meet with goodell before a suspension was upheld, while josh gordon was denied that by goodell.

also the amount of time it took is just straight wrong.  wasn't fair to the browns organization.

and another problem i have is that prater was facing a 16 game ban and got 4. just because its a different substance, doesn't mean you should treat others differently in your substance abuse policy.

Ray Rice's punishment was way too lenient. I understand it's his first offense, but fuck that, give him a 4-6 game suspension, minimum.

These opinions are getting so fucking tiresome. Tell me, what exactly did Ray Rice do to his girlfriend? I'd love to hear your elaborate explanation of what transpired inside of that elevator.

Besides knock her the fuck out?

You know that to be factual? You saw the video of him doing it? No, you didn't.

My basic point is that opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one on this subject yet no one can tell you with certainty what happened because the video has not been publicly released.

Again, I'm not defending Ray Rice but I'm also not gonna join a lynch mob because I saw him drag her off of an elevator.

Someone else on this thread already gave possible scenarios about what could've happened and that's all the public can do at this point, grasp at straws and speculate on the details.

Here's a little tidbit that media outlets conveniently leave out when covering this story: Ray married that chick the day after he was indicted on the charge.

You know that to be factual? You saw the video of him doing it? No, you didn't.

My basic point is that opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one on this subject yet no one can tell you with certainty what happened because the video has not been publicly released.

Again, I'm not defending Ray Rice but I'm also not gonna join a lynch mob because I saw him drag her off of an elevator.

Someone else on this thread already gave possible scenarios about what could've happened and that's all the public can do at this point, grasp at straws and speculate on the details.

Here's a little tidbit that media outlets conveniently leave out when covering this story: Ray married that chick the day after he was indicted on the charge.

She's scared to leave him, reduce the suspension!