NFL Discussion

you all have no idea how hard I was wishing for the browns to pull off that comeback win today... and how defeated I was to watch those fucks kick that winning FG.  the idea of starting off your season blowing a 27-3 lead to your rivals at home... wouldhave been incredible radio to listen to.

you all have no idea how hard I was wishing for the browns to pull off that comeback win today... and how defeated I was to watch those fucks kick that winning FG. the idea of starting off your season blowing a 27-3 lead to your rivals at home... wouldhave been incredible radio to listen to.

Carolina almost blew a 17-0 lead with 2.25 minutes to go. Every time I think they have outgrew the "Cardiac Cats" nickname, they justify it again.

You know that to be factual? You saw the video of him doing it? No, you didn't.

My basic point is that opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one on this subject yet no one can tell you with certainty what happened because the video has not been publicly released.

Again, I'm not defending Ray Rice but I'm also not gonna join a lynch mob because I saw him drag her off of an elevator.

Someone else on this thread already gave possible scenarios about what could've happened and that's all the public can do at this point, grasp at straws and speculate on the details.

Here's a little tidbit that media outlets conveniently leave out when covering this story: Ray married that chick the day after he was indicted on the charge.

let me know if you feel like an asshole yet

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2014/09/08/ray-rice-elevator-knockout-fiancee-takes-crushing-punch-video

The only part of his message that I really didn't care for was the line about "grasping at straws." I don't think it was grasping at straws to assume that he probably did something wrong in that elevator.

The general point he was making, though, isn't really wrong, even with the new video being released. If you give someone due process and then the evidence comes out that he did something really shitty, it doesn't mean you are wrong for withholding judgement.

She kinda charged at him, he decked her, and then it appears she either hit that rail or the side of the elevator pretty hard. It's not inconcievable that in that same situation, he could have pushed her back instead of swinging, she loses her balance and hits her head, and the rest unfolds. To me, those are two pretty different situations that would warrant different suspensions (mine being a 2 gamer, reality should have probably been 6+).

So I don't really think he should feel like an asshole. Someone who defends Ray Rice from today on should feel like an asshole.

She charges at him after he takes that first punch while they are both standing in the elevator. Ray Rice is an actual piece of shit and deserves no well what if type scenarios to be played out in defense of his actions.

My post with a what if was not defending ray rice, but defending a poster here.

I hope we cut him.  I think Harbaugh and Ozzie will make the right decision and do just that.  JH is addressing the media tonight at 8, so I'm assuming and hoping that is what it is for. I thought he deserved more games bc I don't see a logical reason to raise a hand, however; i did think things were being blown out of proportion.  i thought it was more of a push or him defending himself, especially after only 2 games were given.  now though, i want him gone.