NFL Discussion

LOL at the Vikings, he makes them worse since now their playbook will be geared towards Favre making plays and not Peterson.

disagree. it's going to make other teams pay for stacking 8 guys in the box.

They're not paying Favre to hand the ball off to Peterson, they're expecting him to make plays. If they wanted a shitty quarterback to hand the ball off to Purple Jesus they could have saved 12 mil by using the 2 QBs they already have.

disagree. it's going to make other teams pay for stacking 8 guys in the box.

They're not paying Favre to hand the ball off to Peterson, they're expecting him to make plays. If they wanted a shitty quarterback to hand the ball off to Purple Jesus they could have saved 12 mil by using the 2 QBs they already have.

Incorrect.

They're paying Favre to manage games and essentially keep them from losing games through over aggressive mistakes. Like John Elway in the twilight of his career.

They're not relying on Favre to outright win them games, or at least they shouldn't be. That Favre died in Green Bay a couple seasons ago. Vikings defense is one of, if not the best defenses Favre has played with. AP is far and away the best RB Favre has ever played with. They need a veteran guy that can make smart decisions, manage the game on the field, and throw the ball when he needs to -- ie: third down conversions. That's Favre this season.

I'll eat my hat if I see Favre throwing consistently on first or second down for more than a couple of yards. Just ain't going to happen. Not in that Vikings offense, anyway.

Incorrect.

They're paying Favre to manage games and essentially keep them from losing games through over aggressive mistakes. Like John Elway in the twilight of his career.

They're not relying on Favre to outright win them games, or at least they shouldn't be. That Favre died in Green Bay a couple seasons ago. Vikings defense is one of, if not the best defenses Favre has played with. AP is far and away the best RB Favre has ever played with. They need a veteran guy that can make smart decisions, manage the game on the field, and throw the ball when he needs to -- ie: third down conversions. That's Favre this season.

I'll eat my hat if I see Favre throwing consistently on first or second down for more than a couple of yards. Just ain't going to happen. Not in that Vikings offense, anyway.

as a packers fan and a huge favre fan, trust me, he's going to be throwing more than managing. they may not rely on him to win the games outright, but he knows and Childress knows, Favre will control the offense his way.

Incorrect.

as a packers fan and a huge favre fan, trust me, he's going to be throwing more than managing. they may not rely on him to win the games outright, but he knows and Childress knows, Favre will control the offense his way.

If Childress wants to keep his job beyond this season, he'd be well advised to keep Favre on a short leash. If he wants to hang himself with it, so be it.

That's why Favre is such a huge gamble. His ego is going to clash if he can't run and gun the way he is used to. That's not what the Vikings need.

If Childress wants to keep his job beyond this season, he'd be well advised to keep Favre on a short leash. If he wants to hang himself with it, so be it.

That's why Favre is such a huge gamble. His ego is going to clash if he can't run and gun the way he is used to. That's not what the Vikings need.

which is why they SHOULD have signed Vick instead.

Yeah, I never though about the 39 year old knees on turf issue. That shit is gonna get ugly, quick.

The best case scenario here is that people pay ridiculous amounts of money for tickets to the 2 Packers-Vikes games and Favre gets injured and can't play in either game thus sending the states of Minnesota and Wisconsin into a state of economic collapse and lawlessness in which the local and state governments will collapse. Locals will be forced to join together and form a new republic called 'Minneconsin' or 'Wisconnesota'. Either way there will be lots of guns and fat people.

Yeah, I never though about the 39 year old knees on turf issue. That shit is gonna get ugly, quick.

The best case scenario here is that people pay ridiculous amounts of money for tickets to the 2 Packers-Vikes games and Favre gets injured and can't play in either game thus sending the states of Minnesota and Wisconsin into a state of economic collapse and lawlessness in which the local and state governments will collapse. Locals will be forced to join together and form a new republic called 'Minneconsin' or 'Wisconnesota'. Either way there will be lots of guns and fat people.

get? Favre already is pretty bad on Turf, he's thrown almost 100 INT on turf, and only 111 TD.

Donte Stallworth kills a guy while driving drunk and gets 30 days in jail

Michael Vick tortures animals and runs some dog fighting and spends 18 months in jail

Plaxico Burress shoots himself in the leg while carrying an illegal weapon and gets 2 years in jail

W T F ?

Burress won't be suspended anymore, but I can't help but think his career will be over by the time he gets out. He might have a year or two left, but will he even be an impact? Dude was a great player, but a total joke of a human.

Donte Stallworth kills a guy while driving drunk and gets 30 days in jail

Michael Vick tortures animals and runs some dog fighting and spends 18 months in jail

Plaxico Burress shoots himself in the leg while carrying an illegal weapon and gets 2 years in jail

W T F ?

Burress won't be suspended anymore, but I can't help but think his career will be over by the time he gets out. He might have a year or two left, but will he even be an impact? Dude was a great player, but a total joke of a human.

You're looking at the Stallworth thing wrong. If you're only looking at jail time, it seems way off. First, the family didn't want to go through the rigors of a trial. They wanted a plea deal. The family, the lawyers, the judge, Stallworth, MADD -- everyone agreed on a 30 day jail term. He also got fined $750k, plus whatever millions he paid to the family itself. His license is revoked FOREVER. He has 2 hears of house arrest followed by 2 years of strict probation. And 1000 hours of community service. Plus whatever leage punishment he got.

I'd kill myself if I had to spend 2 months in my home, let alone 2 years. Further, I didn't have a car for a week and almost went crazy being unable to come and go as I pleased.

In Florida, the laws are such that it must be proved beyond a reasonable doubt that the alcohol was the main contributing factor to the death. It wasn't. The guy walked infront of Stallworth's car. A stone cold sober person could not have avoided that collision. If it went to trial, Stallworth had a very good chance of walking entirely.

But he manned up, took responsibility, and is dealing with his consequences.

Burris made the mistake of doing his shit in NY which has crazy gun control laws. If he was in TX, the judge would have called him a dumbass, fined him, and sent him on his way.

As for Vick -- the financial ruins he is in in addition to 18 months in the can -- seems fitting to me.