Resident Evil

I recently bought a replacement dreamcast and have been playing all my resident evil games. 0,1,2,3, Code Veronica, and 4. Kinda like a marathon to get me back up to date. Is a PS3 worth it just to get Resident Evil 5? I've been contemplating about it for a while. Any suggestions?

4 was too mainstream

wtf does this even mean!?

4 was hardly a RE game, but it was awesome. theres no stupid hunt for the blue crank and the blue handle and slow walking. the preious REs were scary as hell, but the downtime could get pretty boring and the backtracking always sucked. Re4 was non stop action and even had its share of tense moments (but nothing as memorable as when THE FUCKING DOGS JUMP THROUGH THE WINDOW IN THE HALLWAY!).

RE 1 = the best.

RE4 = the best.

Sony's system is FAR from shitty. You should take Uncharted: Drake's Fortune for a spin and get a taste of what games will look like in the future. The graphic system on the PS3 blows the X-box 360 away. I have both systems, and I dig the 360 which has many excellent games, but X-Box is going to probably be obsolete in a year or two without the Blu-Ray capabilities. PS3 will be Sony's main thang for a long time. They've barely scratched the surface of what the system can actually do as far as games have gone. MOST games these days are on both, and eventually Sony will have a lot of exclusive titles that'll make the PS3 worth owning in addition to the Xbox 360 .

Either way, I wouldn't ever buy a system for one game. That's just silly. However, the PS3 is also a Blu Ray player, so it's probably worth the $300-400 for that feature + the capability of playing RE5 alone.

I still don't understand why people hate on PS3s so much...

but yeah, I played RE 1, RE 0, and RE 4. I bought a gamecube just to play RE 1, because i had been playing Silent Hill on PS2 and LOVED it and wanted more horror games to play. RE 1 was awesome, and I was playing it at night with the lights off when those dogs jumped through the window in the hallway I about crapped my pants. RE 4 was awesome too, I think they are pretty different games, and I think more things need to jump out at you. I don't think anything did in the 4th one and only the dogs in the 1st one. That would make it a lot more nerve raking.

RE4 is definitely the best one. The others all had too many mechanical/difficulty issues, even though they were still good games. #4 fixed all that stuff, kinda changed the style of gameplay quite a bit too but in my opinion it's a lot more enjoyable (it's worth pointing out here that I don't care much for FPS, which RE4 of course isn't).