A Full Sleeve?

I'm 2/3 of my way to being a lawyer. I'm the only guy in my school with a sleeve, but I've got a job, so it's all good. I used to be a teacher, too, and even that was ok with short sleeves. My VP said as long as it wasn't of naked ladies or swear words, it was fine to show it.

I currently teach at the high school level in a private school and although I don't have a full sleeve, my tattoos do show when I wear a polo shirt. My administration is aware of them, but have never given me a problem. However, if I know that I'm going to be meeting with a parent or my administration I usually opt for wearing a long sleeve shirt...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a full sleeve and I just got a kick ass new job.... shit I even have some showing on my neck... I will have to say that I've worn long sleeve shirts every fucking day to work for the last 5 years. Just be prepared to wear long pants and long sleeve shirts every work day for the rest of your working life. I do not regret it at all.... in fact I probably will be getting my other arm finished very soon. DO IT.

If you decide to go to the elbow and below, you must first decide that you are prepared to possibly wear long sleeves 5 days a week until you're 65. If you are willing to make that commitment, go for it sporto.

kind of regret doing this, [my first tattoo was on my wrist - young & dumb], so since i'm already fucked pretty much, and close to half sleeves as is.. i'm just going to do full sleeves and just deal with covering up for work.

just realize what you're getting into when you get fully sleeved.

Some occupations are difficult to get when you're heavily tattooed. There is still a social stigma to being tattooed, although it has reduced recently.

Just realize you may have to go above and beyond to prove yourself.

It sucks, but thats the way it is.

My one tattoo, is on my inner arm from elbow to wrist. I planned it so that I could wear a long sleeve shirt for interviews and such and no one would know.

It wasn't a problem when I interviewed here, and once I got in and realized the dress code was very laxed, I broke it out and have been wearing t-shirts ever since.

• 1 month later...
Audio Business = radio, label, sound production for video projects

Sorry for the confusion!

Interning and working in the audio industry, tattoos are becoming more and more accepted, it's not really a big deal, as long as your tattoos are pretty tasteful. (as long as you don't have have nazi prison tattoos you should be fine). Most recording studios don't mind, they're a pretty relaxed atmoshpere, and same with labels, I'd wear long sleeves to the interview, but generally most labels and studios don't mind a lot of tattoos.

getting a full sleeve as one big piece is dumb, IMO.

but i digress.

long sleeves.

I think the opposite. Getting a full sleeve as several different smaller tattoos seems silly to me. It just looks bad.

this argument comes up a lot.

i guess when we all run out of room, we can have whatever regrets about having done it whatever way.

getting a full sleeve as one big piece is dumb, IMO.

but i digress.

long sleeves.

I think the opposite. Getting a full sleeve as several different smaller tattoos seems silly to me. It just looks bad.

It just depends on how it's done. My friend has a sleeve that's an amalgam of a bunch of different pieces, and it looks so nice. The artist who did the lower arm did a good job incorporating that section into the whole arm, and the colors match.

But in general, I'm with Monk in that a cohesive, well-planned piece works best.

I've got a half sleeve and tattoos on both of my forearms and have never really had a problem with anyone. granted, i work construction jobs so the only questions i get are from homeowners and they seem to be more interested than appalled.

if you're OK with wearing long sleeves for the rest of your life, then go for it.

i'm stoked to get another session (my sixth) done on my half sleeve next month and my mom/dad tattoos next friday. woo!