(PO Now) Code Orange - The Above (Out September 29th)

My luck is i'll order one of these, and then they'll do a signed record release edition in September. They did that with Underneath.

It's too bad they couldn't produce the full length "movie" to the album they had planned, I guess it got cut into separate music videos instead. I liked this video quite a bit.

Edited by magickspells

3 hours ago, magickspells said:

It's too bad they couldn't produce the full length "movie" to the album they had planned, I guess it got cut into separate music videos instead. I liked this video quite a bit.

Same. I like that they experiment a lot, even if it’s not always great. If they were trying to get it from their brand new label, I get it. Don’t want to sink the ship on the first outing, but still.

• 1 month later...

https://codeorangetoth.com/products/the-above-spread-your-wings-vinyl

This variant came out recently and I thought it looked the best (maybe tied with the indie). I sent the webstore an email and they replaced my original order for the all seeing eye variant which I thought was super cool of them.

• 2 weeks later...

For $26 this record is proof other bands and labels are ripping us off. It's a gatefold, partially glossy for certain parts of the art, came with a massive heavyweight book, a poster, and the variant I bought looks so good. The sound is very clear with no pops or skips. Meanwhile we're getting bare bones for $25-35 from others.

I haven't listened to the digital and I can tell this is going to take a few listens for me to get a solid opinion. I have to ask, does it sound like it was recorded, mixed and mastered well digitally? Because the music on the vinyl is not impressive. The mix is not dynamic and it's kind of rough, but maybe that's what they're going for.

Edited by N8TRU

On 9/29/2023 at 5:33 PM, N8TRU said:

For $26 this record is proof other bands and labels are ripping us off. It's a gatefold, partially glossy for certain parts of the art, came with a massive heavyweight book, a poster, and the variant I bought looks so good. The sound is very clear with no pops or skips. Meanwhile we're getting bare bones for $25-35 from others.

I haven't listened to the digital and I can tell this is going to take a few listens for me to get a solid opinion. I have to ask, does it sound like it was recorded, mixed and mastered well digitally? Because the music on the vinyl is not impressive. The mix is not dynamic and it's kind of rough, but maybe that's what they're going for.

100% I was blown away by this package. This record shreds too. I feel like this band is overlooked and it may not be everyone’s cup of tea – but they are damn good at what they do.

On 9/30/2023 at 7:42 PM, thetrackt said:

I feel like this band is overlooked and it may not be everyone’s cup of tea – but they are damn good at what they do.

I just listened all the way through last night and get what you mean. This is a weird album and furthest from punch your face hardcore stuff. It goes heavy but also has a lot of sung songs. TBH a few of the later songs kinda reminded me of Adventures, at least vocally.