That didn't take long...

Whatever the case may be here --and I'm VAR too busy to read 5 pages of posts to figure it out-- PLEASE REMEMBER that record labels can (and do) decide who they sell their "cool" and "weirdo" records to. No Idea does have a shit list. Ask around. I think whispers of it have circulated, but it is true. You want to sell a record a year later, cool, whatever. You want to do it a week later, maybe you miss the next cool thing. Just throwing that out there.

Watch out for each other... and be nice to each other. Then everything is cool.

-- Oh wait, I forgot to include an emoticon. :'(

I couldn't help myself. Also, hope I am never on the dreaded shit list since I love No Idea, and those people are just about the nicest and most outgoing in a tumultuous industry filled with... less than kind folks.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever the case may be here --and I'm FAR too busy to read 5 pages of posts to figure it out-- PLEASE REMEMBER that record labels can (and do) decide who they sell their "cool" and "weirdo" records to. No Idea does have a shit list. Ask around. I think whispers of it have circulated, but it is true. You want to sell a record a year later, cool, whatever. You want to do it a week later, maybe you miss the next cool thing. Just throwing that out there.

this is why I write peoples names on the test pressings i sell/give away.

Whatever the case may be here --and I'm FAR too busy to read 5 pages of posts to figure it out-- PLEASE REMEMBER that record labels can (and do) decide who they sell their "cool" and "weirdo" records to. No Idea does have a shit list. Ask around. I think whispers of it have circulated, but it is true. You want to sell a record a year later, cool, whatever. You want to do it a week later, maybe you miss the next cool thing. Just throwing that out there.

Well break out the Sharpie and throw my name on a Methadones test and send it along. ;)

A black mamba test w/ my name on it is all I'm missing. Come on dude, i'm obviously more legit that Muzzy and waited just as long. :)

So does 180 gram sound better?

Also whats wrong with Zox they really know how to jam out man and that violin player really shreds bro.

Anyone wanna blaze and play gamecube?

I don't have anything against them. I like them a lot, but flood HATES them.

I cannot stand them. My roommate was obsessed with them and saw them like 10 times. I saw them open for Streetlight and it was god awful.

Thank god Dan Potthast was there to awesome the place up before Zox came on.

I love Potthast. When The Stitch Up opened for streetlight over here, he had an audience member play guitar and he only taught them the beginning and he went "We won't teach you the end and it'll sound horrible BUT THAT'S OKAY! You guys are only here to see Streetlight anyway!"

And that was the first show Suburban Legends played after being robbed, it was a pretty kickass show.

next time you're in Chicago, bring your test pressing and I'll write your name on the copy you've got!

But that would destroy the only publicly available test of the record.

no, because then it'd be more rare than any other...because it'd be the only one with two names on it...?!

I love Potthast. When The Stitch Up opened for streetlight over here, he had an audience member play guitar and he only taught them the beginning and he went "We won't teach you the end and it'll sound horrible BUT THAT'S OKAY! You guys are only here to see Streetlight anyway!"

And that was the first show Suburban Legends played after being robbed, it was a pretty kickass show.

Haha, he had the guitarist from the Suburban Legends come out to play La with the Stitch Up and he had NO IDEA what he was doing and it was awful but still great because the few Mu330 fans were screaming along.

I really need to listen to more MU339. I've only really listened to Crab Rangoon(picked up the vinyl at the show I just mentioned). The only other Potthast release I've heard other than that would be Attitude Adjuster.

I knew who Dan was, I just hadn't listened to him before and I loved him, but everyone there didn't really like it, they were pretty much "put streetlight on stage" and were like that for the first half of Suburban Legends.

It's kind of ridiculous.