My xbox360 broke

Yeah, I've already done that. My friend suggested holding down the wireless syncing button and then turning it on, apparently worked for him. At least I won't have to pay the stupid ass £50/$100 fee you have to pay if your problem isn't the 3 red lights. I fucking hate Microsoft sometimes. /rant

So I downloaded the update Xbox Live prompted me to download on Saturday, and ever since then, I've been given the "Unplayable Disc" error. Being fed up with this bullshit (this was the third time a system update fucked up my 360), I emptied 3 cans of compressed air into it. Needless to say, it now reads discs again, albeit much slower than before.

dude, I feel ya. I placed an order for my replacement box over a month ago and they still haven't sent me shit. Microsoft outsourced their contact line to India so every time I call pissed off trying to explain the problem they don't understand. They just keep asking for my serial number and then telling me they have already sent me a replacement box.

My friend just had his first one crap out on him, but apparently if you buy it at Best Buy and pay a little more for their coverage on it so you can just bring the broken one in and pick a new one off the shelf so you don't have to wait. I thought that was pretty cool, especially since all the ones they had also came with two free games so he made out pretty well.

My friend just had his first one crap out on him, but apparently if you buy it at Best Buy and pay a little more for their coverage on it so you can just bring the broken one in and pick a new one off the shelf so you don't have to wait. I thought that was pretty cool, especially since all the ones they had also came with two free games so he made out pretty well.

It's an extra $80. I laughed at them when they kept trying to get me to buy it when I got mine. Sure it is convenient, but I think you have to re-buy it for every new system.

It's an extra $80. I laughed at them when they kept trying to get me to buy it when I got mine. Sure it is convenient, but I think you have to re-buy it for every new system.

Yeah, I knew it was a bunch of money. I'll have to ask him about re-buying the warranty because that would be just about the shittiest thing ever.

Yeah, I knew it was a bunch of money. I'll have to ask him about re-buying the warranty because that would be just about the shittiest thing ever.

Yeah, I am probably wrong about it because I was just trying to leave when the guy was talking to me about it.

I really wish you could open a system without it voiding a warrenty, because I'd add a better fan and some better ventilation to the system. I wonder if MS will ever fix the problems with the 360? I doubt they'll ever change the mobo, but if they distribute the weight of the heatsink more it won't cause the cheap mobo to warp as much (which is the main reason for the RRoD).

the only time Im glad I bought an extend warranty was with my 360. The first system I bought didn't even work out of the box, so I took it back and decided that the warranty might be a safe bet. sure enough, not even a year later I had the "Open Tray" error occur. Boxed it back up, detached the hard drive and Best Buy told me to go grab a new one. they made sure it worked and I was out the door. but I feel for those who don't have a safety net.

Yeah, I am probably wrong about it because I was just trying to leave when the guy was talking to me about it.

I really wish you could open a system without it voiding a warrenty, because I'd add a better fan and some better ventilation to the system. I wonder if MS will ever fix the problems with the 360? I doubt they'll ever change the mobo, but if they distribute the weight of the heatsink more it won't cause the cheap mobo to warp as much (which is the main reason for the RRoD).

My friend and I were talking about that last night. He wanted to buy a different cooling fan to put into it, but given that it voids the warranty and there's a risk of it still all overheating and melting the new pieces, it wasn't worth it. The new one he got had one red light yesterday and he put a fan in front of the thing for a few minutes and it went away, haha. We also decided Marvel Alliance is fucking awesome.

Are the newer versions of the console still that bad?

Maybe the new 60 gig will fix the problems. I kind of want one, but a PS3 gives me a future-proof blue ray player (but suffers from lack of awesome games by comparison)...

I guess I'll keep playing my PS2 as long as Shin Megami Tensei games are being released for it...