plz stop making excuses for flipping/selling

it's lame. if you're going to sell YOUR shit, just sell it. the accidentally ordered two, got one for a friend that doesn't want it, need to pay rent- shut up. half of you are lying, and to the other half telling the truth: nobody cares. and the people that do care are little bitches- this i can assure you. and c'mon big guy, you...you don't care about what little bitches think of you...do you?

Hey.

If people are flipping records why do you care?

"Wah he bought it before I did!!!"

Most of the stuff you complain about people flipping it's because you WANT to collect it. The price only goes up because other people want to collect it too. You set the price, not the flipper.

I'd be more mad at people paying so much money for a record I want then the people flipping, because at least since they are flipping they are making it available to you as opposed to if everyone bought it and didn't flip it cause then you'd be shit out of luck.

I really am sick of hearing it, it's part of buying vinyl get over it.

It is kind of dumb, how everyone's always got the same excuse. If you're fine doing what you're doing, why try to justify it for others? I mean if you were that bad off financially, then maybe you shouldn't be blowing your money on "flipping" or "trade bait". ::)

I think you are mistaken. If they were in a bad financial situation, then buying a $12.00 set of gaslight anthem 7"s and selling them for $200 is a pretty smart idea. Come on, who didnt think these were going to go for huge prices with how all the other releases have sold on ebay.

If i took the time and effort to get one of those sets, it would be hard not to flip that shit. i cant blame people.

whatever, i dont give a fuck what people do with their own shit.

well, I'm glad this thread is here as it will surely stop those that flip from flipping.

seriously? did you read the first post? let me clear things up:

THIS IS NOT A THREAD TO STOP PEOPLE FROM FLIPPING.

Nah, I read it just fine.

It just strikes me as odd that you're ok with the flipping, just not the reasonings that some give for doing so.

If the main problem in your eyes (at least I'm pretty sure you've been anti-flip in the past) is of no concern, why would the reasons for such action be a problem?

The reason people can flip records for obscene amounts is because people will actualy pay obscene amounts for records, I am starting to think we should stop blaming people who set out to make profits on these records and start looking at why they can, maybe we should start blaming the people who decide to pay these prices for records or, and this is just a crazy idea, blame the labels for putting out 10 variants of the same record. What happened to black vinyl?

This is my saying that I will never collect variants of records again, I will buy multiple copies of certain records so I never play them to death, but thats it.

I don't think you can really "blame" anyone but the collector.

I will have to pay ridiculous amounts for Steinways and Ergs records I'm missing. I'm okay with that. I understand that. I won't say "HEY HES FLIPPING" because I'm just stupid enough to want those records that bad.

Seriously, being collectors I thought you would all understand DEMAND drives this market.

it's lame. if you're going to sell YOUR shit, just sell it. the accidentally ordered two, got one for a friend that doesn't want it, need to pay rent- shut up. half of you are lying, and to the other half telling the truth: nobody cares. and the people that do care are little bitches- this i can assure you. and c'mon big guy, you...you don't care about what little bitches think of you...do you?

I think people are missing the point of this thread, but I'm with you dude.

It is kind of dumb, how everyone's always got the same excuse. If you're fine doing what you're doing, why try to justify it for others? I mean if you were that bad off financially, then maybe you shouldn't be blowing your money on "flipping" or "trade bait". ::)

I think you are mistaken. If they were in a bad financial situation, then buying a $12.00 set of gaslight anthem 7"s and selling them for $200 is a pretty smart idea. Come on, who didnt think these were going to go for huge prices with how all the other releases have sold on ebay.

I'm not mistaken at all. I was morso making a bit of a "joke" for lack of better terms, that if someone didn't blow a ton of money on records to sell, they might not need money they would have made from selling.