the new Hold Steady...

is not only awesome, but I gotta say:

a total class move doing printed inner sleeves, but sending the LPs in white sleeves, and the printed sleeves empty thus no inner sleeve tearing. If only every other label would learn from this.

as a label guy, and because of that fact: an overcritical nerd when it comes to stupid details like this, I am very impressed at the actual thought that went into making that move.

a total class move doing printed inner sleeves, but sending the LPs in white sleeves, and the printed sleeves empty thus no inner sleeve tearing. If only every other label would learn from this.

as a label guy, and because of that fact: an overcritical nerd when it comes to stupid details like this, I am very impressed at the actual thought that went into making that move.

if only murder by death had made that move when doing 'Red Of Tooth And Claw'. not only is the record impossible to get out of the gatefold, the sleeves are all torn up from being such a snug fit. both copies. grrrr.

i wish more labels/bands would learn how to package and realize how it's going to shift in shipping. :-/

if only murder by death had made that move when doing 'Red Of Tooth And Claw'. not only is the record impossible to get out of the gatefold, the sleeves are all torn up from being such a snug fit. both copies. grrrr.

I wish more labels/bands would learn how to package and realize how it's going to shift in shipping. :-/

agreed. my Coalesce 012:2 Revolution... LPs have that really cheap, thin paper printed inner sleeve and they ripped on all three sides during shipping. When I talked to the mail-order guy at Relapse and asked if they had any extras, he said no, and that's why he was trying to convince the owner that they should be assembling the packages instead of ordering them completed...so they have extra components in case things are damaged.

I'm not into this band, but I agree 100% with your statement about having separate sleeves.

Is the Boys and Girls in America LP OOP? I still haven't heard this band and everyone keeps saying I just need to listen to that record and I'll be hooked. A local shop has a copy of this and I thought I remember reading here that it's getting harder to find. I'm not looking to make money off it but if I don't like it I'd like to be able to get what I paid for it. Thoughts?

Is the Boys and Girls in America LP OOP? I still haven't heard this band and everyone keeps saying I just need to listen to that record and I'll be hooked. A local shop has a copy of this and I thought I remember reading here that it's getting harder to find. I'm not looking to make money off it but if I don't like it I'd like to be able to get what I paid for it. Thoughts?

If you don't like it I'll buy it off you at cost + shipping. How's that? :)