Gaslight Anthem '59 Sound Euro Press

I checked with Gunner records (who released Sink or swim in Europe), and he said sideonedummy would do a worldwide release, so that there would be no euro release. That was just before the US preorders were put up, though.

Those guys are who i actually emailed about this, but it bounced back saying the guy was on holiday. Next thing i knew i had an email from a guy called Thomas who's at their office in Hollywood who answered my question with the info i gave earlier. Must have been forwarded in the guys absence.

i went to the source (side one dummy) and here is the dealio:

side one printed extra jackets and had 1,000 sent to manufacturers in Europe. They pressed it on black vinyl and used the labels that were also sent from side one and the only difference is that it was pressed by a different plant. There is a high likelihood that you will not be able to distinguish the pressings with the exception of maybe a matrix number etched on the vinyl.

same jacket, same labels, and same color of wax.

i went to the source (side one dummy) and here is the dealio:

side one printed extra jackets and had 1,000 sent to manufacturers in Europe. They pressed it on black vinyl and used the labels that were also sent from side one and the only difference is that it was pressed by a different plant. There is a high likelihood that you will not be able to distinguish the pressings with the exception of maybe a matrix number etched on the vinyl.

same jacket, same labels, and same color of wax.

jesus, so what does that do to the pressing info?

Oh well, guess Virgil's post has cleared this up, thanks Virgil!

Im so gutted about the black pressing, thought i was getting something special when it went up for PO on VC but it seems there will now be thousands of copies of this. Ah well got the white but wish i'd picked up blue as well now.

Oh right, im still waiting shipping confirmation on mine too, same colours. Puts me at ease that you are too!

yeah. i just had a short back-and-forth with virgil over emails. he said that white only orders went out, now theyre woking on blue w/shirt orders, then the white and blacks will go out. apparently the black copies came later than everything else.