Hand made covers

mrc

So i have a lot of test presses that didnt come with a cover, just a white sleeve and since i will be trapped in my house for the next couple days because of the tropical storm i wanted to kill some time by making some stencils or drawings for the covers.

I know someone (loki?) made covers for the Heavens LP, and there were also costum band made covers for the latest Mustard Plug record and im sure there are others but

I wanted some inspiration, So post the crafty covers you or your friends have made for test presses or other records with no covers.

I would post the couple i made for Screeching Weasel test but cant find pics since i am at work.

EDIT: i found a Ben Weasel cover i made (that is now Hickey's). and yes, i forgot to color in the weasel's nose.

[image]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So bored between meetings at work today i drew and cut out my very first "stencil" using a manila folder.

I now realize i stole the paper+plastic exacto knife but this was more of a test project more than anything. fun way to kill a half hour.

[image]

Not bad for little effort. just spary painted this on the inside of a LP mailer with some hot green paint.

hey, i'll pay you money for a look mexico test cover. mine only came with the inner sleeve, and i had no idea where to buy single cardstock outer sleeves, so if you would do that that would be awesome. PM me if you're interested. if not, no biggie.

really awesome thread regardless. looks good.

Loki, I might be interested!

Me too, but i should wait a bit since i just splurged like a mother fucker on a few huge orders in the last 2 weeks.

it seems we miss one of raddest handmade cover album.

it's mustard plug : in black and white....

I loved those and hoped people would post theirs... hint hint ::)

Loki, I might be interested!

Me too, but i should wait a bit since i just splurged like a mother fucker on a few huge orders in the last 2 weeks.

it seems we miss one of raddest handmade cover album.

it's mustard plug : in black and white....

I loved those and hoped people would post theirs... hint hint ::)

Hint received! Mine is pure awesome.

[image]

i did this with some of my "last call for the living" records. i had a few odd shapes that didn't come with jackets, so i took the liberty of making my own. Sean didn't mind, just as long as i didn't put them on their discog page. i will try to post them soon

Hey man, I've had my buzzsaw copy of Last Call For The Living sitting in a plastic sleeve forever now. If you'd be interested in producing a jacket for me, I'll totally hook you up. Drop me a PM.