VC Book Club

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

currently reading:

katerine dunn - geek love &

ken follett - the pillars of the earth <-- too long

let me know what you think of dunn's book when you're finished. i picked it up because...well, i felt i had to:)

currently reading disappear by scott heim (the same dude that did mysterious skin). also, twenty thousand roads (another gram parsons biography) by david meyer.

Guest conoley
What's everyone reading now?

I just finished Mysteries of Pittsburgh, pretty good book. But I don't think I want to see the movie -- I know it won't compare.

I just started Nick Hornby's 31 Songs (or Songbook) and I'm already almost finished with it. It's not a novel like High Fidelity or About a Boy, rather essays about, well 31 songs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/31_Songs

Half Priced Books is having a sale 20% off during Labor Day weekend I believe, so I'm going to have to get a few more things. Any suggestions?

I read Mysteries of Pittsburgh a few years ago. I didn't know they were making a movie of it. Right now I am reading Evolution of a Cro-magnon by John Joseph. Shit is real.

Guest kylewilliam

im taking this class called Underground Music 1980-present, i love it and the course books. I am cxurrently reading thje Punk Planet interviews anthology, and next is Nothing Feels Good, the history of emo.

im taking this class called Underground Music 1980-present, i love it and the course books. I am cxurrently reading thje Punk Planet interviews anthology, and next is Nothing Feels Good, the history of emo.

nothing feels good rules. i have some really cool book about old punk if you want it

Guest genericinsight

In the last two months I've read:

Off The Map (CrimethINC letters series)

Half-Life (Shelley Jackson)

Cat's Cradle (Kurt Vonnegut)

Fight Club (Chuck Palhaniuck)

Zen and the Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance (Robert M. Pirsig)

Currently reading On The Road (Jack Kerouac).

I love books.

nothing feels good rules. i have some really cool book about old punk if you want it

I hope that Our Band Could be your Life is required reading for your class, that book is absolutely essential (not trying to take anything away from the other selections though)

Afternoon shifts at work are extremely slow, so I've been blowing through books like crazy. I read Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs for the umpteenth time and just recently I finished Boomsday by Christopher Buckley. I really want to get his new book Supreme Courtship that just came out.

I've also been working on the Twilight series........I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that. I don't want to like these books, but I do. I blame it on having a vagina.