Everyone Please Read This

so, my good friend justin from underground communique wrote this amazing thing, and i wanted everyone to read it, since most may overlook it...really, if it wasnt for justin, the honor system single file would have never happened...he was a huge help...anyways, he requested he be the very first to buy a copy, and he indeed did!...well it showed up at his house last night, and well, you can read it, this is what he said.....it truly means a lot to me personally, and its a good read, so read it!!!...this record means alot...

"I should have been to at last an hour ago. but I walked into my room to go to bed after a long day ready to collapse, but sitting waiting for me(thanks to my roommate for delivering it to a safe place) is a package from Solidarity Recordings.

It's my Honor System 'Single File' LP.

I can't tell you the last time I got a record in the mail(that I wasn't putting out myself) that the mere thought of holding it in my hands has taken my breath away. It's been a long ride waiting for this. I'm honestly kind of jealous.

When the Honor System were together they were my favorite local band. Hands down. Even though they had the stage presence of a bag of rocks...fucking hell as soon as they started to play these wonderful songs all criticisms fell by the wayside. tHS were one of those bands that was always absolutely perfect live. Sure there was always an occasional missed note followed by a laughing glance from another member of the band, a constant uncomfortable silence between songs while they tuned their guitars. I tried not to ever, ever miss a show...shit I had to have seen them at least 30 times and it was ALWAYS worth the trip (mind you, a lot of the time, it meant an hour or so drive from NW Indiana). I'll never forget the night Rob found a cowbell in the equipment room at Fireside and proceeded to add cowbell parts to EVERY song, Dan announced that they were gonna play a new song, to which I replied "Does the new song have cowbell in it?" A: "all the songs have cowbell parts". That got a good laugh out of the few attendees of that nights show. On a good night Dan would do this "Hanaway-breakdown kick stomp" thing when he was really into the songs.

There's something really magical about this record and these songs for me. I don't know if it was born out of my love for Dan's Broadways songs ...but as much as I loved the Broadways, tHS was a once in a lifetime band for me. I must have listened to this album a hundred and fifty times on CD(or dubbed to cassette, when I had a car) over the years, not even counting the other records. I know this fucking thing backwards and forwards. But I'll be damned if I couldn't resist sitting on my bed reading the insert stories from Mike Park, Chris McCaughan and Brian Moss & Randy's insert...then spending 10 minutes staring at the most beautiful fucking record I now own. Then putting on and listening to it one more time and thus stirring up all these memories. Goddamn I fucking love this record. There's no way in hell I could have done this nearly as well as Randy did. The art is spectacular, the layout is great it sounds amazing and it's still one of my favorite records...but it sounds a little better now that I finally have it on vinyl. like I said I'm a little jealous.

So I just wanted to say thanks again for getting this out.

This was one of my dream "what if money wasn't an issue" records to somehow get released...down the road. thanks so much Randy, holding this record literally brought tears to my eyes. Good night all. "

That is a very heartfelt and honest letter/comment. That is awesome.

And you will hate me for saying this Randy...I still haven't ordered it even though I know I have to.

hilarious!!...GO DO IT!!...no seriosus, you wont regret it!!...everyone really should sit down and listen to this record....Chris from the lawrence arms in the liner notes even says so!!!!

Holy shit, I cannot wait for this, especially since it is coming with the vinyl version of the Broadways "Broken van". What a nice package that will be. I love the art and the way the vinyl looks. I'm not sure I have ever seen a white vinyl with splatter. I also love the bike art on the Broadways 12".

For anyone who hasn't heard the broadways or honor system, both truly do have amazing lyrics. more like story telling than an actual song lyric.

Holy shit, I cannot wait for this, especially since it is coming with the vinyl version of the Broadways "Broken van". What a nice package that will be. I love the art and the way the vinyl looks. I'm not sure I have ever seen a white vinyl with splatter. I also love the bike art on the Broadways 12".

For anyone who hasn't heard the broadways or honor system, both truly do have amazing lyrics. more like story telling than an actual song lyric.

well said!

hell yeah! how 'bout some finway fish camp?

name droooooop! ha!

ok...I really didn't expect Randy to call attention to this like he did...so that's very cool of him to do that...I don't really know what to say. What I wote was 100% from the heart. the Honor System was a really special band for me and I have so many fond memories of seeing them play and everything else that goes along with that. I was at that perfect level of deliriously tired that that whole thing poured out of me.

I think it's really cool that so many of us on this message board are legitimately friends and for the most part we've never even met and despite that, we all look out for each other so much.