Potential future tourmates for the Gaslight Anthem

this makes perfect sense. let me spell it out.

first 2 bands: $$$, little kids, pretty hair, AP hype bands

SYG: usually play a 30 minute set anyway, and they are pretty high up on the popularity list after touring with paramore and being catchy as fuck. also attracts hardcore crowd, $$

PTM: i'm sick of them opening because they jam alot and usually play only 4 songs (or so it seems). co-headlining will get them the popularity they deserve, and alow them to play more songs

gaslight: i don't need to write anything here

DO NOT do rotating sets. that would suck

That was pretty much exactly my thought. You got your pre-req for random flavor of the months and three solid acts who deserve to "headline" anyway. I would be fine with SYG, PTM, and Gaslight rotating the headlining set and the other two acts rotating the first set of the night. That would be alright.

You realize that the Maine (and to a lesser extent, 3OH!3) are bigger than Gaslight, Portugal and Set Your Goals, right? Both of those bands are totally blowing up right now, moreso than Gaslight.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was pretty much exactly my thought. You got your pre-req for random flavor of the months and three solid acts who deserve to "headline" anyway. I would be fine with SYG, PTM, and Gaslight rotating the headlining set and the other two acts rotating the first set of the night. That would be alright.

You realize that the Maine (and to a lesser extent, 3OH!3) are bigger than Gaslight, Portugal and Set Your Goals, right? Both of those bands are totally blowing up right now, moreso than Gaslight.

Well then I guess I live under a rock but listening to 3OH!3 I'm concerned for the kids who listen to that tripe.

At least the Maine is a bit better but its still generic shit. I could swear I've heard these same songs a million times.

You know for damn sure 3OH!3 and the Maine don't have a shred of staying power at all.

I'm more or less taken a back that there's actually a band called "The Maine". I guess you can name your band anything as long as it starts with "the"

Check out their MySpace page and it'll make more sense how the dudes in that band came up with the name.

I did, and as soon as I saw 4 dudes w/ the same ridiculous haircuts and clothing, I was too disgusted to look any further.

bigger doesn't mean better

I think the only real solution is don't put gaslight on this tour, and let them tour on their own where they'll choose better bands and play smaller venues.

tada!

this sounds better

if you don't need gaslight to sell out your shows then why not just go w/ those bands that'll make the kids happy

seeing as the haven't even been to Seattle yet I'd probably see them no matter who they were playing with. Unless it where the White Stripes

exactly, what are you doing about the rise against tour they're on, gonna drive up to BC or head down to portland? I swear there is an open day after BC, hoping they still play seattle, but who knows, ugh...

yeah, but fans of those bands will buy tickets either way. the punx fed up with shitty bands won't. if you did the line-up sammy mentioned i know at least 20-30 people that would go within my group of friends/acquaintances.

First off, not a single band has been confirmed for our tour. We're merely brainstorming ideas and talking to booking agents.

Secondly, we're also toying with the idea of doing a Warped Tour-esque kind of tour where the bands rotate on the bill each day, so some days they might be an opening act (only getting 30 minutes), some days they might be one of the co-headliners (getting 45 minutes). That way you have to show up early as to not miss the band you want to see.

I'd definitely skip if I didn't know when they were playing and they were playing with bands I couldn't care less about.

Yeah, I'd probably pass on that tour too. Of the 12 bands mentioned, Gaslight Anthem is the only one that I have any interest in seeing. (Or hearing)

Guest falloutcollapse

Set Your Goals and Portugal would be so sweet for me, personally, to see together. Those are two of my favorites. I'm just really getting into Gaslight now, but they're really good.

I've never heard of the Maine or the one with all the fun internet letters and numbers...I'm hard pressed to believe that they are "bigger" than Gaslight Anthem...are there numbers to illustrate that?

seeing as the haven't even been to Seattle yet I'd probably see them no matter who they were playing with. Unless it where the White Stripes

exactly, what are you doing about the rise against tour they're on, gonna drive up to BC or head down to portland? I swear there is an open day after BC, hoping they still play seattle, but who knows, ugh...

I can't afford to make the trip to either of those dates right now. Too bad but I'll still wait and hope they make it here and play a club on the smaller side.