So, I think I'll try HWM....hm...

Hi guys...

So, I think I should try to get into Hot Water Music, they seem to be everybody's darlings. Please skip the burning, because I haven't paid attention to HWM yet =)......

I know one song and it is "remedy". That is all.

I really like that song, so based on that, which albums should I begin with? They've released quite a lot so I'm a bit confused.

Any pointers would be great....

Remedy is like their worst song.

start at the beginng and work your way forward.

Fuel for the Hate Game....

Never Ender & 'til the wheels Fall Off are 7" / comp song / unreleased song compilations

in general the Epitaph albums pale in comparison to what came before that era.

Remedy is like their worst song.

start at the beginng and work your way forward.

Fuel for the Hate Game....

Never Ender & 'til the wheels Fall Off are 7" / comp song / unreleased song compilations

in general the Epitaph albums pale in comparison to what came before that era.

Although I agree, I still really like Caution.

Well, since you said you really liked "Remedy", I'd say go ahead and start with Caution. For someone who's not familiar with HWM, I think it's a pretty safe bet.

After that I'd follow up with Fuel For The Hate Game and No Division.

From personal experience, when first introduced to albums like Forever And Counting and The New What Next, it took a while to get into them (I still don't care all that much for The New What Next). And maybe it's just personal preference, but I'd save rarities-collections like 'Till The Wheels Fall Off and Never Ender, and the live-album for last.

Here's my recommendations, with suggested tracks for you to try before you buy to see if you dig the album's sound:

1. No Division (their comeback album after having initially broken up in the late '90s, a damn near perfect record -- every song is essential)

2. Never Ender (7-inch collection, many of their all-time best songs; "Alachua," "The Bitter End" and "You Can Take The Boy Out Of Bradenton")

3. Forever And Counting (the pinnacle of pre-first breakup HWM; "Better Sense," "Just Don't Say You Lost It," "Position," "Manual," "Minno")

4. Fuel For The Hate Game (they're young and raw, and you can tell they want it bad; "220 Years," "Turnstile," "Trademark," "Difference Engine")

5. Live At The Hardback (poorly recorded but a great mixture of the band's pre-Epitaph catalog)

6. The New What Next (heavily underrated, with some seriously great moments; "The End Of The Line," "Keep It Together," "Bottomless Seas," "This Early Grave")

7. A Flight And A Crash (Epitaph debut, gritty production but some solid tracks; "A Flight And A Crash," "Paper Thin," "Swinger," "Instrumental," "Sons And Daughters," "A Jack Of All Trades," "Choked And Separated" -- that might seem like a lot of jams, but all but one are on the A-side; virtually the entire B-side is pretty much forgettable)

8. Till The Wheels Fall Off (second 7-inch/comp track collection, mostly forgettable; "God Deciding," "Bleeder," "Dreamworld," "Moments Pass," "Another Way," "Moonpies For Misfits")

9. Caution (their bid for mainstream exposure and their poppiest album; "Remedy," "Trusty Chords," "Wayfarer," "Alright For Now")

10. Finding The Rhythms (their first album, the band were still searching for their sound; "The Passing," "Bound," "Arms Can't Stretch")

top 3 albums:

fuel for the hate game

forever and counting

finding the rhythms

top 4 singles/splits:

you can take the boy out of bradenton

moments pass

split w/ Clairmel

split w/ Tomorrow

all the singles/splits are on the Never Ender collection.

skip the Epitaph years.

Here's my recommendations, with suggested tracks for you to try before you buy to see if you dig the album's sound:

1. No Division (their comeback album after having initially broken up in the late '90s, a damn near perfect record -- every song is essential)

2. Never Ender (7-inch collection, many of their all-time best songs; "Alachua," "The Bitter End" and "You Can Take The Boy Out Of Bradenton")

3. Forever And Counting (the pinnacle of pre-first breakup HWM; "Better Sense," "Just Don't Say You Lost It," "Position," "Manual," "Minno")

4. Fuel For The Hate Game (they're young and raw, and you can tell they want it bad; "220 Years," "Turnstile," "Trademark," "Difference Engine")

5. Live At The Hardback (poorly recorded but a great mixture of the band's pre-Epitaph catalog)

6. The New What Next (heavily underrated, with some seriously great moments; "The End Of The Line," "Keep It Together," "Bottomless Seas," "This Early Grave")

7. A Flight And A Crash (Epitaph debut, gritty production but some solid tracks; "A Flight And A Crash," "Paper Thin," "Swinger," "Instrumental," "Sons And Daughters," "A Jack Of All Trades," "Choked And Separated" -- that might seem like a lot of jams, but all but one are on the A-side; virtually the entire B-side is pretty much forgettable)

8. Till The Wheels Fall Off (second 7-inch/comp track collection, mostly forgettable; "God Deciding," "Bleeder," "Dreamworld," "Moments Pass," "Another Way," "Moonpies For Misfits")

9. Caution (their bid for mainstream exposure and their poppiest album; "Remedy," "Trusty Chords," "Wayfarer," "Alright For Now")

10. Finding The Rhythms (their first album, the band were still searching for their sound; "The Passing," "Bound," "Arms Can't Stretch")

Thanks alot. That was very helpful.

So far I'm digging A Flight and A Crash the most, but I haven't spend enough time on their other releases. I will though.

This is probably one of the most important bands of my life. This band is responsible for getting into records in general. Also I was obsessed with anything florida after discovering HWM.

I got a flight and a crash first. Loved it probably my 2nd favorite record to date.

No divison is awesome is a good "gateway" record.

Scott did a good job of pointing out the primary songs on each record.