NHL Discussion

dude people forget gabs scored 40 goals last season and with a bum shoulder was getting clutch goals in the playoffs. However Evander Kane would fit perfectly in the Rangers organization. Tought gritty style with skills and speed. I love it.

To be honest, I think that shoulder injury is still affecting him mentally. He was never a "physical" player, but he is so soft on the puck, shys away from hits, etc. moreso than I remember from previous years... Kane is much younger and gritty. I agree that he would fit perfectly with this team, even moreso if Torts wants to keep this "defensive" style.

Awwww YEEEEEEEUUUUUHHHHH!!!!!!

And I'm sorry but how did they miss the double minor high sticking right off the face off with 4 minutes left? I get that you don't want to give a penalty at that point but this is one of those calls that isn't even using judgement.... The evidence was there. Oh well, it was a fantastic game to watch!

...forgot to add. I think it's more important to add bottom 6 depth than replace Gaborik. We have what, 7 goals or so, from our bottom 6 forward all year? Most of which came in a short span earlier in the year. Dispicable.

dude honestly, thats Rangers hockey. Im not used to the bottom 6 ever producing. Especially because Torts likes to roll with 3 lines most of the time. Rarely plays 4. I think we were spoiled last year. Because that never ever happens. 

And as for Gaborik's shoulder, I dont think its bothering him, but hes always been soft. I dont think theres any denying that. The dude has always tried to avoid hits and I mean when he doesnt, he gets injured. Like as soon as Chris Neil hit him in the playoffs last year, I knew he was injured. Even before admitted it after the playoffs I KNEW he got hurt. Because not only was that a fucking hard hit....it was Gaborik. Ever since he separated his shoulder against Toronto a few seasons ago over the most pussy hit, I assume he's hurt when he gets drilled (which he usually is). Which is why I laugh every time Joe Micheletti says "Hes tough!" 

No suspension for Nash. What a joke.

medium_new-york-rangers-brendan-shanahan

Maybe if Kopecky stayed on the ice, threw his gloves off and held his chest and pretended to be hurt, something would have been done. ;-)

Yet Corey Perry got 4 games for a "late" hit on a player when Perry never left his feet nor extended an elbow to hit... fuckin NHL inconsistency... I'm not defending Perry, but 4 games is a bit much if Nash doesn't get ANYTHING.

From Shanahan:

“We don’t see this as being principal point of contact to the head. For a fact, we don’t see much contact to the head at all,” said Shanahan.

“On the Florida feed, when you slow it down, you see Kopecky’s back right shoulder is the initial point of contact. If you slow it down even further, you see the back right shoulder and the nameplate aren’t just the initial point of contact, but the principal point of contact.”

Shanahan also addressed Nash leaving his feet...

“The commentators have too much of a fascination with ‘did you leave his feet?’ We don’t suspend for leaving your feet. We suspend for leaving your feet and hitting a guy in the head violently,”

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=226104&cmpid=embed-share-video

Still so bitter about that Kaleta hit that even your goaltender said was stupid.

I even said it was a dirty hit! I never once said it wasn't. I'm saying that if that were a Kaleta hit, he'd be suspended. If it were Carcillo, or Rinaldo, or Cooke, or Torres, or any other player like that, it'd be a suspension.