NHL Discussion

I'll never understand their fascination with Getzlaf... He's a great player and all and has shown much improvement this season, but that is a huge Cap Hit... Perry has pretty much flat out said he doesn't want to be here anymore... his ego is suited for the east, and quite frankly, I'm kind of excited to see what we can do without him... he's an incredible offensive talent but his Defense is about as worthwhile as an MTS pre-order.

I wonder if this puts Ryan back onto the first line or if he stays as a center... 

Ian, I'm with you... I'm excited to see Perry leave. I just hope it doesn't affect our season too bad right now. 

I'll never understand their fascination with Getzlaf... He's a great player and all and has shown much improvement this season, but that is a huge Cap Hit... Perry has pretty much flat out said he doesn't want to be here anymore... his ego is suited for the east, and quite frankly, I'm kind of excited to see what we can do without him... he's an incredible offensive talent but his Defense is about as worthwhile as an MTS pre-order.

I wonder if this puts Ryan back onto the first line or if he stays as a center... 

Ian, I'm with you... I'm excited to see Perry leave. I just hope it doesn't affect our season too bad right now. 

Thats interesting, as a Ducks fan why is that? As a Kings fan i think he is a cheap little rat, hes got talent but man is he a bitch. I think with Perry gone i actually might mind the Ducks more.

Thats interesting, as a Ducks fan why is that? As a Kings fan i think he is a cheap little rat, hes got talent but man is he a bitch. I think with Perry gone i actually might mind the Ducks more.

He doesn't play defense and he gives up on everything... When you watch the highlights, he's Fucking Amazing... when you watch an entire game, his play is comical at best... his idea of applying pressure is skating to the goalie and turning. His priority isn't Pass or Shoot, its Keep the puck, spin move, stop/start, and then think about keeping the puck some more or giving it up... occasionally he loses the puck in the direction of a Ducks player which is, to him, a pass. I just feel like in a team sport, he isn't a team player... when it comes down to shoot outs, though, I will miss him. Even watching Getzlaf this season step up his game as far as defense goes and wondering why on earth Perry isn't doing the same, but then I realize... its Perry.

He doesn't play defense and he gives up on everything... When you watch the highlights, he's Fucking Amazing... when you watch an entire game, his play is comical at best... his idea of applying pressure is skating to the goalie and turning. His priority isn't Pass or Shoot, its Keep the puck, spin move, stop/start, and then think about keeping the puck some more or giving it up... occasionally he loses the puck in the direction of a Ducks player which is, to him, a pass. I just feel like in a team sport, he isn't a team player... when it comes down to shoot outs, though, I will miss him. Even watching Getzlaf this season step up his game as far as defense goes and wondering why on earth Perry isn't doing the same, but then I realize... its Perry.

so give him to me. we could use his power play presence. Nash likes to spin too, maybe they could do some sweet spins together 

Fair assessment, I can say that whenever the Kings and the Ducks play i never notice Perry unless he scores, makes a nice pass or is being a punk bitch so those are probably all valid points. I will say that Getzlaf has always seemed like a very good defensive player to me, with perhaps the exception being last year. Will be interesting to see where Perry ends up but i definitely think Getzlag and Ryan are the better horses to hitch your wagon to.

Fair assessment, I can say that whenever the Kings and the Ducks play i never notice Perry unless he scores, makes a nice pass or is being a punk bitch so those are probably all valid points. I will say that Getzlaf has always seemed like a very good defensive player to me, with perhaps the exception being last year. Will be interesting to see where Perry ends up but i definitely think Getzlag and Ryan are the better horses to hitch your wagon to.

I do... especially with this development of all around scoring... with Perry gone that obviously takes a large hit but I think we can bring up Sexton again and move Ryan to the top line and stay relatively consistent... or perhaps try out one of the young-ins on the top line along side another young player with Getzy at center... I feel like Getzlaf needs Perry to be gone in order to develop further... he doesn't shoot solely because he has Perry for that, despite having the hardest shot on the team (with the exception of Souray).

as a Side Note... Ian, you are slowly making me dislike Kings fans less... thank you for that. As of recently, its hard to find a Kings fan who appreciates the game... Same can be said about the Ducks fans (as well as most other teams). Trust me, there are plenty of Ducks fans we could do without, but its nice to talk hockey with a competitor who isn't obsessed with wearing camo to the game thinking they are original, or someone with a Queens sign. 

I was at the Kings game last night in the 2nd row and let me tell you, Staples and the Kings put on a great show but the fans down there just yell the most incoherent and unintelligent things ever... I don't know if it is the same at the Ponda Center (mainly because I can't afford to sit there) but I'm sure it is.

I havnt been to Staples yet this season but id imagine there are quite a few new hockey "fans" there now, i know of a few bandwagoners that have gone to a few games who probably dont even understand icing yet. But thats the cost of winning a cup i guess.

If you want to sit with the real hockey fans you gotta go to the 300's, staples is pretty much pricing them out of the lower bowl.

Aquiring Richards and Carter isnt the same as Gaborik, Richards and Nash. Oh yeah, and we won the cup.

Richards, Carter, Brown, Gange, Justin Williams, Scuderi....and thats not even all of them. Come on dude.... As soon as last season started I knew LA was winning the cup. And that was BEFORE you guys got Carter back with Richards, from then I didnt let the standings fool me. I knew your team was too good to not win it. 

Richards, Carter, Brown, Gange, Justin Williams, Scuderi....and thats not even all of them. Come on dude.... As soon as last season started I knew LA was winning the cup. And that was BEFORE you guys got Carter back with Richards, from then I didnt let the standings fool me. I knew your team was too good to not win it. 

i'd hardly call gagne, williams & scuderi stars. Mike Richards and Carters are definitely premier players in this league. Brown is homegrown holmes. i know we have a good team, but for the most part the team is made up of complimentary players. Id really only put Kopitar, richards, carter, doughty & quick as stars. Brown is too inconsistent.

i'd hardly call gagne, williams & scuderi stars. Mike Richards and Carters are definitely premier players in this league. Brown is homegrown holmes. i know we have a good team, but for the most part the team is made up of complimentary players. Id really only put Kopitar, richards, carter, doughty & quick as stars. Brown is too inconsistent.

Fuck how could I forget about Anze? And Drew. But there you go man. Home grown or not you cant deny they dont have a team full of stars. Hey Im not knocking you for it! Who wouldnt want a team like that? I dont have any hate for the Kings, just Carter and Richards haha