NHL Discussion

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 4h
Bottom line, as was the case with Brenden Morrow, Jarome Iginla is a Pittsburgh Penguin today because PIT is where he wanted to go.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 4h
Doesn't matter now, but CGY preferred deal was with BOS. The 2 teams agreed on components but w/o critical 3rd element - player approval.

Still don't like em. Teams need a solid back end in the playoffs, don't care how much fire power you have.

Teams just need to score more than the other one to win in the playoffs. This also works in the regular and pre-season. 

They probably won't win the cup, but they are trying to give themselves the best chance.

with the salary cap going down next year, no one is sure how much it will start to go up the year after...

this summer UFA's for PGH are: Dupuis, Cooke, Adams, with Kennedy being a RFA

NEXT summers UFA's for PGH are: Malkin, Letang, Orpik, Niskenen, Engellend, Kunitz, Vitale, Glass with Sutter being an RFA.

with the cap going down this summer, I dont think anyone of the UFA's will be back, nor will Kennedy... with the additions of Iginla, Morrow and Murray to the UFA pool for this summer, I think theres a chance one or two of the UFA's for NEXT summer will be dealt.  I woul not be surprised if this is the last Cup run for Pittsburgh with a team of Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Orpik and Fluery as their core.

we got screwed tonight

if I find a clip of the disallowed goal, I'll post it

basically our guy was getting taken down by RNH and the puck hit his skate and went in. most inadvertent thing I've ever fucking seen. goal right? nope, disallowed because we're the fucking blue jackets

Saw it. Agree entirely. Call on the ice was goal as well.