most dissapointing album by favorite band

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[image]

Strung Out's Blackhawks Over Los Angeles

The album way way to pop-punk for my tastes. Ever since they had Matt Hyde producing, their musicianship has gone downhill, especially Jordan's drumming. I read in an interview a couple years back that Matt Hyde wanted Jordan to simplify his drum fills in order to be more accessible. Also he auto-tunes too much.

I fuckin love this album. Strung Out is one of my all time favorite bands. I think this is the best thing they have put out since EOSD.

Bad Religion - New Maps of Hell (and to the same degree The Empire Strikes First)

Alkaline Trio - Crimson

Weezer - Make Believe (I was REALLY in to Weezer, like Maladroit and then Make Believe just sucked to me)

Arcade Fire - Neon Bible (though its starting to grow on me)

Bright Eyes - Cassadaga

The Hives - The Black and White Album

Flood, did civ - thirteen day getaway ever grow on you?

I bought it when it first came out and thought it was the biggest piece of garbage ever... i put it away then busted it out later on and it kinda a grew on me. i like it now.

Matt, you have NO IDEA how much shit I take from people when i say this.

Murder by Death - Red of Tooth and Claw

One of my favorite bands, but this release just seemed like a huge step backward. A couple really great songs on it, though.

I can see your point, but im glad it was a somewhat return to their previous style. in boca was a little bit to jonny cash for me.. i love this lp, it definetly takes time to grow on you

but I think its amazing

Regurgitator - Love and Paranoia (Bland, repetitive, 80's new wave vomit)

Ween - La Cucaracha (Easily forgettable)

Primus - Animals should not try to act like people e.p (Les needs to keep the jam band shtick for one of his numerous side projects)

Not my favorite bands, but these are the albums where these bands let me down.

Earth Crisis - Slither

My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge

Righteous Jams - Business As Usual

Stretch Arm Strong - Free At Last

Thursday - A City By The Light Divided

Eighteen Visions - Obsession

Zao - All Else Failed (2003 version)

yeah flood, rancid 2000 is fucking amazing. you're soooooo not punx.

rancid fucked up when they made an album after that. they started s/t, they should have ended s/t. the set-up was perfect, then i dont know what happened, and this new one doesnt sound promising.

when a member of the used joins a band....then it's time to hang it up and do solo projects.

Bad Religion - New America

I was a huge BR nuthugger when this came out, but I could delude myself to think it was even remotely decent. The B-Side "The Fast Life" was leagues better than anything on the album itself.

Anything BR did without Brett was mediocre compared to the band with Brett. From what I understand Brett and Greg duel song-wise so one without the other means some duds make the album.

Against All Authority, probably my favorite band of all time. But good God "Restoration of Chaos and Order" really sucked. I kept trying to like it but to no avail.

Has anyone heard anything from them?? Rumored they have a new album out this year on No Idea maybe?

Kinda dissapeared.

they havent played any shows at all lately. being from miami, i have seen this band like 20 times but i was never too into them.

i saw the guitar player at a show in feb (a while ago) and he said danny moved to gainesville and they were going to do stuff when they had time.

noise conspiracy- armed love and this new one coming out

kinda everything i wish they wouldnt do, they did. i guess makes being a fan easier because i won't ever see them play again or buy these new albums, besides, i might be the only person left in the world that likes them at all.