Already!??!

Flipping has become the name of the game. It sucks, but I've done it on a couple of occasions and I know other people have done it. It may be the unpopular opinion, but whatever someone does with something they bought is their own business really. Once they exchange money for an item that item becomes their property and if they want to sell it, who are we to stop them. Plus, in this case, it may give someone who wasn't at the show the opportunity to grab a rare record by a band they love.

i tend to agree. it kills me every time i see a j. bannon - jane doe print go up on ebay for 400 bucks because i missed out 3 times on one and would love nothing more than to own one but ive flipped stuff of my own. if you cant beat 'em, join 'em. besides, you can't get totally pissed at the seller if people are willing to drop stupid amounts of money on things--you should be equally pissed at whoever buys this stuff, as well.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

altho i do see a big difference in things depending on who's doing the flipping. if its someone who's really entrenched in the scene, and is obviously using proceeds to prop up a label/zine/distro/diy production company/indie record store... then its a lot different from some dude who just is selling it for the sake of profiteering. I've definately sold my fair share of stuff on ebay, but i use all the funds to release more records, and help maintain our PA system.(which badly needs new speakers if anyone wants to throw down ;) )

I can honestly say I've never bought a record solely to sell for profit (the closest I ever got was a burnt clear pressing of Caution and I think I lost money after tax and postage). I am selling a ton of shit after the new year but a lot of it is stuff I'm struggling to part with (including the first record I ever bought) and none of the items were purchased solely for selling.

I think it does give people a chance to buy the record even if they weren't at the show, but so does the "Trade/sell" portion of this board.

It really annoys me to see this guy buy it totally for profit though. He had the starting bid at $40!

Insanity.

be happy i got you one for cheap so you don't have to deal with this shit! :P

Yeah I'm forever grateful for that! I'll try and nab an extra Citizen Fish test press when the next record is done. ;)

haha pat?

noooooooo. that kid's awesome. his brother was that kid that plays guitar for rogue set now.

unless there was someone else in cutoffs.

id have to talk to chelsea... he was the only kid i didnt know that i sold a rec release to... altho she did merch for a good part of the night

Well, the location on this item is Worcester, and that kid lives in Colchester. Does not compute!