Question about Japanese E-bay Sellers

I always see records I'd like to own being sold on e-bay coming from Japan...the prices are usually reasonable w/ the exception of shipping (b/c their coming from japan)

just wondering if anybody knew whether or not these are bootlegged copies of records or what?

I figure if they're imports to Japan and being sold from Japan that there would be a higher price on 'em....just trying to figure this shit out

I don't want purchase what I think to be a piece of gold and it end up being a fat and stinky shit nugget.

I've bid on a few of records before...i got a black copy of BloodBrothers' "Burn Piano Island" and it was in pristine shape...I've just been shittin' around on ebay tonight and there's alot that I'd like to have...but just have no clue what to look for in a bootleg copy as opposed to a legit copy (on e-bay)

i think they normally sell for a lot cheaper compared to what they would sell for from an american seller because a lot of the normal bidders are skeptical about buying from japan. i've gotten multiple records from japanese sellers for way cheaper than the going rates at the times. i bought an original pressing of alkaline trio's goddamnit for like 40 bucks within the past 6 months, among quite a few other ones. they're in great shape, too. just treat them like an american seller, and if something seems particularly sketchy about them, don't take the chance. otherwise, i'd say go for it, especially if it's something you're really wanting.

I appreciate the advice and stories guys....as I said, i purchased that copy of Burn Piano Island and I also just remembered I got an original pressing of HWM's "Forever and Counting" for about $20 (before shipping), but have just been hesitant despite this...i appreciate reassurance

I've bought quite a few records from Japan, and it's been a pleasurable experience every single time. I think that just in general the japanese people takes pride in providing great service, and all of my records that has come from Japan has been VERY carefully packaged, and arrived really fast.

I've bought buy it now auctions from people in japan and have also won auctions from there too. I've always thought the same thing too, like wow can I really buy this that easily? But I've never had any problems or gotten any bootlegs. Go for it, as long as the pics look legit, the record should be.

record industry in japan is very huge.

at least,it bigger than the other asian country.

but i don't think they press many japenese bootleg.

i ever bought some from seller name 'italboy'.

he's a quite good seller.

i don't think it's a bad decision for buy some from japanese seller if you don't care about shipping.