ebay problem, what to do?

I recently won Braid's Age of Octeen off ebay and when it arrived it had a pretty big warp on the edge that makes the first 2 songs on both sides uplayable. The warp appears to have been there before shipping, because it was shipped really well (mailed outside sleeve in between 2 pieces of carboard wrapped in bubble wrap in a mailer). Now the item description was;

"THIS RECORD IS OUT OF PRINT!

TOUGH TO FIND!

GREAT PRICE! -- BID NOW!

THE RECORD IS IN GREAT SHAPE (VG)

AND THE SLEEVE IS CLOSE TO PERFECT (VG+) "

I tried to message the seller to tell him about the warp, but he has not responded to two messages. My question is do I file a claim with paypal and leave negative feedback, or just take it as a loss? I've never had to file a claim so I am not sure if this constitutes one or not.

the problem with these shitty situations is now you have to decide whether or not you want to pay to ship it back to him, so basically you'd be paying $5 for no record.

i usually just ask them for a full refund of the product price, and tell them they can keep the cost of shipping since they did have to pay for it. most sellers are so afraid of negative feedback that they'll agree, and you get to keep your record (albeit a warped one) for just the cost of shipping.

it's worth a shot.

I sent him another message after this topic, telling him I'd file a claim and he responded right away. He said he'd give me a refund if I send it back, so I may do that.
fuck that shit! get your money back first. i am like a lot of people, try to trust and give them the benefit of the doubt, but this past month i have been fucked twice on ebay and i don't want to see it happen to anybody else. get your money back first. he's the one that fucked up, not you. i'm tired of getting fucked over on ebay and it's always coalesce stuff to. just recently, i won a reunion tour poster and tour pass autographed by the band, and since i couldn't get them from sean because they are long gone, i bid on these. paid on 8/30/08 and they are still not here. filed a complaint. i'm at the point, the next time i get fucked over, i'm taking a road trip to someone's home with the receipt and demanding my money or my items. i did it once and i will probably do it again. i posted that story a while ago on, i think, most interesting vinyl story. sorry to run on, but DON'T TAKE THAT SHIT BRO! i'm angry, you can tell though.

Link to this story please!

!!!

Ohio, you're one of my favorite posters. Put up your collection pictures again.

i can't find the link to the story, but i posted it when i was new to the board, i just can't find the link. i will post my collections again, i just have been doing some discographies and i had to delete some pics and unfortunately some of my collections were in there. but i will post them again.

Link to this story please!

http://vinylcollective.proboards79.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=3136&page=3#71217

Or, for those who don't feel like clicking:

i got burned on a Coalesce "functioning on impatience" on orange ltd.48 copies. the bitch never sent it. it was october of 07' an ebay transaction. i opened a dispute and tried to contact her the whole time. never responded to emails or anything. she left me positive feedback, so the piratehooker got the money. ebay, like always, could give two shits about the good ebayers and told me my dispute was closed and her account would not be penalized. FUUUUCCCCKKKK!!!! she got $56.00 dollars from me. well, i contacted ebay again and they pretty much told me i was fucked because i used a money order. i then responded with an email saying"let me get this straight, i can ask everybody to pay with a money order and never send their records and my account won't be penalized. WOW! i should have done this sooner!"oh wait, i'm not a scum bag and i would never do that to someone. well, i was going to a show in nashville, DARKEST FUCKIN' HOUR, and took it upon myself to go get my record. i got there and a dude answered the door. he asked me who i was and i told him i am the guy your wife/girlfriend fucked. he said, "EXCUSE ME! WHAT DID YOU SAY?" i said "I'm the guy your girlfriend/wife fucked!" so he asks her to come to the door and she looked at me funny. she asked me who i was "I'M THE MOTHERFUCKING GUY YOU FUCKED OVER!" she knew exactly who i was then. so she tries to deny it up and down and says i'm crazy, which i may be, but only when it comes to vinyl, DON'T FUCK WITH ME OR MY RECORDS!EVER!, she continues to lie and she finally says, if she did rip me off, where's the proof. i then say BOOM BITCH!!! this is a transcript. i gave it to the boyfriend and he glanced at it and as he read further he saw the records she was selling. they were HIS records! he started glowing like the freakn' sun. "WHAT THE FFFFUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK ARE YOU DOING!!!!????" i honestly thought he was going to hit her, but he didn't. i told him i want my record, midwestcavern's and zack8983's(coalesce fans and great ebayers, we take care of our own) records as well. i told them if i went down there i send their records to them, i keep my promises. the bf said there is no way i'm getting those records. i replied, "OK, this is what we are GOING TO DO!" either i take these records, you pay me for my record and the other two dudes records, which i said i would send to them if this went down, or YOUR FUCKING BLOOD! YOU CHOOSE! i'm not leaving empty handed. i pointed and said "she started this and it ends here right now!". so i left with all 3 refunds in full, plus gas money. i'm not proud of what i did in anyway at all, but she needed to learn that you don't fuck people over, ever!!! but i did get that color eventually. it came via sean ingram from COALESCE. he liked what i did. he told me, "YOU REALLY LOVE MY FUCKING BAND!!! FUCKIN' AWESOME!" so i am now working with him on the vinyl page at crashandbang.com it should be up in a couple weeks, when he has time. i am really sorry about the longevity of this story, but i thought i should share it. it's the worst that happened to me, but probably the best at the same time

I love seeing it! I was cleaning out all my lp boxes and I had to keep yours, it's awesome. I got the sprayed record you sent me with some records I bought from you on my wall, it's awesome.
that means a lot to me. i'm glad you kept it and that's great that you put the record on the wall. i've been getting good feedback about those and it makes the effort well worth it. so thank you a 1,000 times over.