Fucked Up - free 12 hour show in NYC + free 7"

kurtz

from the Matador blog... http://www.matadorrecords.com/matablog/?p=2674

To celebrate the release of The Chemistry Of Common Life, in stores this coming Tuesday, Fucked Up will be playing live for twelve hours straight at a storefront in New York City.

On Tuesday, October 14, from 2PM until 2 AM, the band will be playing a twelve-hour show at the Rogan store at the corner of Bowery and Bond. Admission is free. All ages are welcome to attend, though the free alcohol will be limited to those 21 and over. Additionally, a free limited-edition 7" of "Royal Swan" will be given away to the first batch of attendees, with a second allotment given away at a later time in the show to be announced.

Special guests will be joining the band on stage to help them through this marathon, including the Vivian Girls, John Joseph, Matt Sweeney, Chain Gang, Mobb Deep, Ryan Sawyer from Tall Firs, Jeff Jensen, David Cross, John Cale, K-Taro, Chris Doherty, E.K., DJ Chris, DJ Anarki, Michael Gira, members of the Australian Scapa Flow, Jeanne Bovet, Gods & Queens, Akon, The Edge, Ben Blackwell, Russell Simins, the Boogie, and some megastars we can't announce yet.

Seen below is the cover to the limited-edition 7". Good luck.

[image]

Thats crazy, but not as crazy as this Australian Band who spent 3 weeks in this 'bubble' type house recording their latest album and it was shown on pay tv 24 hours a day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Band_in_a_Bubble

I think some shitty band did that here too for dr pepper a few years back.

Edit: Should have clicked the link, makes a note of it on the bottom.

Yeah...I made a tread about this the other day. I know a bunch of people have already mentioned wanting a 7", and I'm also on that list. I know some people on here know the extent of my FU collection, and it would be really cool if someone hooked me up! Ill make it worth your while.

dude you get your year of the pig 7" yet? Do we know if this will go up on matador if they have extras.