Anyone else sign up for Pushead Fanclub way back?

So about 10 years ago I sent $40 to Pushead for both parts of Phase Three (San) of his fan club. Over the years I've corresponded with him about it, but other than a few newsletters many years ago, I've never received a single thing of what was promised.

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Pause
Unmute

Current Time 0:00
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 100.00%

0:00
Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently behind liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:19
Â
1x
Playback Rate
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Picture-in-PictureFullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Advertisement: 0:13

I was looking through some Bacteria Sour records and I found an order form for it. This is how it was described:

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Pause
Unmute

Current Time 0:00
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 100.00%

0:00
Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently behind liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:19
Â
1x
Playback Rate
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Picture-in-PictureFullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Advertisement

"Thanx for your interest in the third phase of the Pushead Fan Club! This is once again being created to express a lot of ideas, and to do a few projects without going into the mainstream market. Like the two previous phases, all items will be kept in a total collectible type situation. These items will not be for sale on the primary retail market and records will not be made available for reviews or promotion. All print runs will be made for the membership total, once an item is sold out (sent to members), it will not be reprinted!

Phase San will be in two parts, and each part has a seperate fee. Each part of Phase San will Feature:

a.) 3 x 7" records with Pushead designed sleeves, singed and numbered, extremely limited!

b.) 4 x Update sheets, sent Bi-Monthly on what's new, shop news, upcoming artwork, Bacteria Sour news, and will feature "Jar of Pus", the new (Puszone type) review column (which appears monthly in a Japanese magazine)

c.) 1 x "Hyperstoic" magazine, which showcases artwork by Pushead and other artists. Will also feature original artwork for sale.

d.) Bonus items randomly sent out, of extremely limited run items & very small runs of 7"ers. You never know what and when you could get lucky and receive something!

Phase San membership fees; each part is the same price, double the price if you want the complete (both parts 1 & 2) Phase San. (Complete members will get a bonus prize!)"

I don't care about the $40, it just totally bums me out that I never got anything from this. Anyone other than Var from No Idea and me get the shaft on this?

Edited by xxmartinxx

Same deal. I used to write to pushead a lot and we used to even trade records. I once wrote and asked what was up with that club cuz we got nothing and he seemed to get pissed off and said "well you did get this book with a 7". He also said he was working on some "puzzle box" for the club that never seemed to happen. I fell out of touch with him in the past few years. It seems he lost interest and now spends his time making a lot of toys and doing things in japan. I miss the club and his label, he made some of the coolest packaged records ever and all my pusmort and bacteria sour records are among some of my favorites in all my huge collection.

I remember at one point he told me that he had all the pieces to stuff, he just had to put them together. Of course, it never materialized.

What's this book and 7" you got? The only things I ever received were some Bacteria Sour odds and ends that he was selling. However, I paid for those separately.

I don't understand how he can just not send people the stuff they paid for. Assuming there was 333 people in it, as in Phase Two, that means he stole $13,320. I'm not sure why we're all ok with that.

• 2 months later...

As far as I know, nothing ever happened. I also signed up. The previous records were SO nice... thye were always worth ANY delay once you had them in your hands.

I will make some enquiries...

Pushead has just been doing vinyl toys and limited prints, skateborads, and a fair amount of overseas limited stuff like shirts. Pretty underground still, mostly.

As far as I know, nothing ever happened. I also signed up. The previous records were SO nice... thye were always worth ANY delay once you had them in your hands.

I will make some enquiries...

Pushead has just been doing vinyl toys and limited prints, skateborads, and a fair amount of overseas limited stuff like shirts. Pretty underground still, mostly.

Fuck Japan and their stupid 3" vinyl toys!!!!!!!!!

I just want my records. :(

• 1 month later...