New American Steel 7" this fall; stream A-side now

WARNING: SELF-PROMOTION AHEAD (Take a shot, VC drinking game participants!)

Surprise! American Steel are self-releasing a new 7-inch later this fall, and you can currently stream the A-side, "Sacred Heart," here:

http://altpress.com/media/

Unfortunately, there aren't a lot more details available right now, but when I find out more, I'll tell you guys.

at the Gaslight Anthem, O Pioneers!!!, AmSteel show I went to...I ended up pretty hammered and shooting the shit w/ their drummer. He basically told me, Fuck Record Labels that shit is dead, we've got shit to release and we're releasing it ourselves. He mentioned that particular 7" and something about a song that was supposed to be part of a Soundtrack for some movie...that he assured me I'd never hear b/c of some kind of bullshit w/ a record label...and mentioned they have another full length in the works that they'll be self-releasing as well.

That's all I can contribute: a shaky drunken-slur of a conversation with their drummer.

The last album wasn't very good. It had moments that were amazing but those were equally matched by moments that were cringe worthy. It's too bad though, Fat could still use these guys.

What parts? I think the four song lineup of Love and Logic, Smile on Me, Razorblades, and Old Croy Road" could be one of the best streches of any album for me.

The last album wasn't very good. It had moments that were amazing but those were equally matched by moments that were cringe worthy. It's too bad though, Fat could still use these guys.

What parts? I think the four song lineup of Love and Logic, Smile on Me, Razorblades, and Old Croy Road" could be one of the best streches of any album for me.

Chuck in Sons of Avarice and To The Sea too...they are great songs. I still really like Destroy Their Future.