Finally found a place to live in Brooklyn!

i live in jersey city..across the hudson, theres a couple others on here in the area. if ya ever want to drink your liver away let me know. also, since your new to the area, im throwing an halloween party, come and drink my booze.

this goes for anyone on here really...oh and you will be able to meet sewbr0 in person....so if he's given you shit you will have a place to kick him in the groin!

Guest genericinsight
man, i wish that i lived in NYC. so badly.

Eh, I think it's overrated. I actually wish I lived in Toronto.

But then again, this is coming from someone who has lived here my entire life... I guess I have a different perspective than most who have only lived here for a while or those who go to school here from somewhere else.

man, i wish that i lived in NYC. so badly.

But then again, this is coming from someone who has lived here my entire life... I guess I have a different perspective than most who have only lived here for a while or those who go to school here from somewhere else.

don't get me wrong - Toronto is a great place to live. and you can live here for pretty cheap (downtown). i have been living for under $700/month for the last 4 years in the heart of the city. there are definitely people that do it for less money than i do.

anyways, i think part of the draw to NYC for me is the feel of the city. i don't really know how to explain it but i'm sure i'm making sense here.

if there was some way for a canadian to come down there and work easily, i would in a heart beat. i have family on staten island - probably wouldn't even have to pay rent. :-/

Guest genericinsight

don't get me wrong - Toronto is a great place to live. and you can live here for pretty cheap (downtown). i have been living for under $700/month for the last 4 years in the heart of the city. there are definitely people that do it for less money than i do.

anyways, i think part of the draw to NYC for me is the feel of the city. i don't really know how to explain it but i'm sure i'm making sense here.

if there was some way for a canadian to come down there and work easily, i would in a heart beat. i have family on staten island - probably wouldn't even have to pay rent. :-/

Dude, Staten Island though? AWFUL. Not only does it smell bad but you don't realize how ridiculously far away you are from Manhattan and the rest of the city. Unless you drive, you're gonna have to take buses and ferries and a million subway trains just to get anywhere. I have a lot of friends from SI and 90% of them don't stay there, most of them have migrated into Brooklyn or the other boroughs, or out of NYC completely.

Also, the fact that you can't live anywhere here because rent is so expensive is one of the reasons that make me hate this city so much. I'm 27 and still living at home for that reason - my family has made it clear that when I finally move out, they aren't going to be able to help pay rent (we're not financially stable enough for that). So unless I get a really well-paying job, living anywhere in the city on my own is out of the question. I know a few folks even older than me who have full-time jobs and still live at home because they can't afford to live on their own here (for example, my cousin who is a high school teacher and is 28).

Dude, Staten Island though? AWFUL. Not only does it smell bad but you don't realize how ridiculously far away you are from Manhattan and the rest of the city. Unless you drive, you're gonna have to take buses and ferries and a million subway trains just to get anywhere. I have a lot of friends from SI and 90% of them don't stay there, most of them have migrated into Brooklyn or the other boroughs, or out of NYC completely.

Also, the fact that you can't live anywhere here because rent is so expensive is one of the reasons that make me hate this city so much. I'm 27 and still living at home for that reason - my family has made it clear that when I finally move out, they aren't going to be able to help pay rent (we're not financially stable enough for that). So unless I get a really well-paying job, living anywhere in the city on my own is out of the question. I know a few folks even older than me who have full-time jobs and still live at home because they can't afford to live on their own here (for example, my cousin who is a high school teacher and is 28).

i know SI is far but it's my "free" option. and it's not like i'll be able to come down there and work (legally), anyway. i guess if i were to work it out, somehow, i could start there, learn how much i hate the commute (very quickly), and then migrate into the city if all went well.

when i first moved to brooklyn i lived with 4 other people and 2 dogs in a 3 bedroom. now i only have two roomates! in this town, i feel like thats a triumph. I HAVE NO IDEA how people live alone here. down in bay ridge your still looking at a ridiculous rent for a single bedroom. but hey. we get to see every show!(mostly) just last week i saw revival twice and nofx twice. not so bad! not so bad at all.

new york night is most dangerous place for asian people.

is it real ?

I don't think it's any more dangerous for Asians than it is for anybody else. Come find out for yourself, Yu. You're welcome to crash at my place.

i will see you for sure, if i will going to chicago, illinois.

and i will looking for atime to visit xjustinxschwierx and joelifeline too....