• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

eggs = broken.

[image]

SCOTT

btw, that was cool of you to put love and squalor up on the altpress site. i talked to jason today and he was super pumped about it.

Do you know the name of the song? It wasn't any of the ones on their myspace so I couldn't properly label the video.

i don't know i'm a bad friend and don't have their cd on my computer...i'll find out for you.

edit: scott, i think its a new song. not sure of the name. jason will get back to me tomorrow and then i'll let you know.

Also, did I film the whole song? It was tough to tell at that point in their set, they had a couple songs running into each other so I wasn't sure if that was the tail end of one song or a whole new song.

Definately treat yourself to the better beers. They taste better, less hangover, and higher alcohol content. Plus, drinking makes you popular, funnier and more attractive to the opposite sex (even the same sex, if that's what you're into).

not true, I get drunk all the time and girls think I suck

But...the commercials promised it...damn yous Advertising, you got me again!

If you haven't been drunk how do you know you don't want to be?

because i have no desire to wake up the next morning and tell all my buddies about how shitfaced i was. i hate when people do that i think it's the stupidest thing.

That's your dumb friends fault. I don't wake up in the morning and shout to the high heavens.

I feel that people shouldn't be able to criticize drinking until they've had a drink. Most of the time they have no idea what they're talking about and our just jumping on cliches.

It's the same stupidity as Palin saying she has foreign experience cause she can see Russia from her house.

I feel that people shouldn't be able to criticize drinking until they've had a drink. Most of the time they have no idea what they're talking about and our just jumping on cliches.

It's the same stupidity as Palin saying she has foreign experience cause she can see Russia from her house.

Backed 100%

Guest baseball

Backed 100%

Pseudo moralists are not stoked!

You can apply that kind of logic to most drugs, or most experiences in life for that matter.

Everyone passes judgement on things, it's especially easy from a distance. I think what's actually important is "does this affect me personally?" If it does not, such as caring about whether someone has a beer or doesn't, then such a judgement comes off as compsensation for some kind of insecurity or just plain elitism.

Backed 100%

You can apply that kind of logic to most drugs, or most experiences in life for that matter.

Everyone passes judgement on things, it's especially easy from a distance. I think what's actually important is "does this affect me personally?" If it does not, such as caring about whether someone has a beer or doesn't, then such a judgement comes off as compsensation for some kind of insecurity or just plain elitism.

Well the effects of a glass of beer or a shot are far less than the effects of some severe drugs.

A lot of people get on their sXe high horse and act like a sip of beer will destroy your life and turn you into a leper.

I have no problems if you don't want to drink, that's your choice and I respect it, but I have issues w/ people who spout of random non-sense w/out understanding it.

Guest baseball

Well the effects of a glass of beer or a shot are far less than the effects of some severe drugs.

A lot of people get on their sXe high horse and act like a sip of beer will destroy your life and turn you into a leper.

I have no problems if you don't want to drink, that's your choice and I respect it, but I have issues w/ people who spout of random non-sense w/out understanding it.

Yeah, but look at your own sentence. The "effects of a glass of beer or a shot". That's just it right there. Your talking about a certain amount.

The effects of one snort of cocaine are a lot different than 10 snorts. The effects of smoking an opiate are different than injecting it. Smoking two joints is different than smoking one. I think if you apply your reasoning of a responsible amount to many drugs, the comparison still stands.

Basically what I'm saying is that there's responsible levels or ways of use for practically any substance. Some people use oxycontin to relieve pain, some use it to get fucked up. Some people use xanax to help them sleep, some use it because it'll make you feel like you've had 12 beers. Some people use heroin to relieve pain, some people become junkies.

I think the use/abuse argument can be made virtually across the board. Know what I mean?

Yeah, but look at your own sentence. The "effects of a glass of beer or a shot". That's just it right there. Your talking about a certain amount.

The effects of one snort of cocaine are a lot different than 10 snorts. The effects of smoking an opiate are different than injecting it. Smoking two joints is different than smoking one. I think if you apply your reasoning of a responsible amount to many drugs, the comparison still stands.

Basically what I'm saying is that there's responsible levels or ways of use for practically any substance. Some people use oxycontin to relieve pain, some use it to get fucked up. Some people use xanax to help them sleep, some use it because it'll make you feel like you've had 12 beers. Some people use heroin to relieve pain, some people become junkies.

I think the use/abuse argument can be made virtually across the board. Know what I mean?

Sure but you would have to agree certain things are far more addictive than others.

Guest baseball

Sure but you would have to agree certain things are far more addictive than others.

True, but addiction is a complex issue. We'd have to expand the discussion quite a bit if we wanted to factor that in. I'm saying at a basic level, any drug can be used responsibly or irresponsibly.

Addiction however, often does not occur in a purely physical sense. We'd have to account for things like psychological state of mind or what's driving a person to seek what they're addicted to. Or any number of things. Not everyone will develop an addiction based purely on a concrete amount of exposure to the same drugs.

Guest baseball
You're taking my statement to the extreme end of the spectrum, which is not what I'm getting at.

I'm specifically talking about booze here, if you don't understand it, don't talk negative about it.

I disagree, I think I did the opposite. In my mind, I'm drawing your statement to a more basic level than extreme and applying it more across the board.

I'm in agreeance with the statement, but I think it applies to a wider set of circumstances.

You're taking my statement to the extreme end of the spectrum, which is not what I'm getting at.

I'm specifically talking about booze here, if you don't understand it, don't talk negative about it.

I disagree, I think I did the opposite. In my mind, I'm drawing your statement to a more basic level than extreme and applying it more across the board.

I'm in agreeance with the statement, but I think it applies to a wider set of circumstances.

Where exactly would hobo cock fall in this level of "trying things"?

Stop the weak attempts to feel better about your hobo cock-sucking days.

Guest baseball

I'm afraid you've landed on an outlier. Hobo cock is one of the most addictive things known to man, or so I hear.

Don't hide it, take pride in it Dante.