Edge = broken.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest genericinsight

Absolutely. Not knocking those who drink, but we save a shit ton of money by not doing so!

But we have more fun. :)

I could debate this forever, but I won't.

I will say that perhaps the only thing I am possibly missing from not drinking is the confidence I would gain from it. I'd likely be able to make out with more dudes... hahahaha :P :-*

Consider one beer bought for you next time I see you at a show (which I am assuming would be Murder By Death, given my sparse show schedule for the next month or so...)

But if it is MBD/William Elliott Whitmore, I think a shot of Jack would be a better choice, but I'll leave that one up to you!

AMy biggest worry in college about drinking was I'd go to parties and see guys my size get totally wasted and then just start pawing girls. That freaked me out, and I definitely never wanted to be someone like that.

Before Urban started drinking one of his biggest fears was that he'd be really mean and fight people. He's a big dude as you know and def. didn't want that to happen. But he's the exact opposite drunk, he's like a big cuddly bear, haha. I'd imagine you'd be the same, but way more talkative than you already are ;)

Unless I'm going out to get OMFGWASTED I usually just drink casually these days. Good microbrews and tasty wines.

Good timing for the Fest coming up!

Guest baseball

Glad you see it's not that big a deal! Most drugs aren't in a controlled atmosphere. My only advice is spend the extra couple dollars on good alcohol. Especially if you're drinking wine. Try a Guinness or other stout, if you don't like it the first time keep trying it, you'll acquire the taste for it!

Still don't understand how caffeine isn't 'breaking edge'. If you think caffeine isn't affecting what's going on in your brain and nervous system then you're kind of delusional. Not that there's anything wrong with caffeine.

Glad to hear it dude, and I think you have excellent choices for introductory drinks. One's first drink should definately not be a shot of everclear or something like that. Blue Moon's a good first beer, but once starting there it's gonna hard to start slumming with PBR (High Life on the other hand...). Agreed with the Guinness comment as well, you may have to train your tastebuds for it but if you like coffee you'll love stout.

Of course, the true test is to see how optimistic you are about it all the day after your first big drunk. Stay positive! Gooooooooo team!

the first drink i had were gulps of everclear and bacardi 151, now i dont really have the taste for alcohol for the most part. i drink jager on the occasion and i try to drink beer from time to time, it just doesnt sit well most of the time. so... i smoke weed, haha. never lost my taste for it and i like all types of it!

I disagree about some of this stuff. If you want to drink beer, stay away from the fruity shit like Blue Moon because normal beer tastes far from that. Being a rook, you're going to have to work your way towards a stout or something because those are very different tasting than wheat beers or most common "conventional" beers. It's like suggesting to a friend a band's most ridiculous "out there" album when you know they listen to pop-punk: it's just too different at the moment.

But mostly stay away from Blue Moon, because it's fruity in every sense of the word, especially the homophobic way.

I've only been drinking for almost 3 years now, never drank a drop prior to that, and i can say that I could count on one hand the number of times i've been wasted. I love having a few beers with Natalie at dinner or go out with my friends and have a few at the bar, but i've never gotten wasted, i've never gotten puking sick, I just don't see the need to get to that point of drunkenness. Selling out was by far the best move I made. Not drinking in college definitely didn't help me out at all since I still graduated with a mediocre GPA, and my brother drank a bunch and got a 4.0 with two degrees in 4 years.

I disagree about some of this stuff. If you want to drink beer, stay away from the fruity shit like Blue Moon because normal beer tastes far from that. Being a rook, you're going to have to work your way towards a stout or something because those are very different tasting than wheat beers or most common "conventional" beers. It's like suggesting to a friend a band's most ridiculous "out there" album when you know they listen to pop-punk: it's just too different at the moment.

But mostly stay away from Blue Moon, because it's fruity in every sense of the word, especially the homophobic way.

I have no problem with Blue Moon. What's wrong w/ a "fruity" tasting beer? Sam Adam's Cherry Wheat is delicious. Last weekend my g/f and I tried this really cherry beer, I can't remember the name, but it tasted great.

I've only been drinking for almost 3 years now, never drank a drop prior to that, and i can say that I could count on one hand the number of times i've been wasted. I love having a few beers with Natalie at dinner or go out with my friends and have a few at the bar, but i've never gotten wasted, i've never gotten puking sick, I just don't see the need to get to that point of drunkenness. Selling out was by far the best move I made. Not drinking in college definitely didn't help me out at all since I still graduated with a mediocre GPA, and my brother drank a bunch and got a 4.0 with two degrees in 4 years.

A beer w/ a great dinner after a crazy day at work is seriously one of the best experiences. It's weird how a beverage can have that effect.

To note, I've never puked from drinking and I've only had like 5 hangovers in my life. You just gotta know what you're doing w/ the stuff.