Against Me! in bus accident

his is not the first time a band have gotten into an accident in the Northwest part of the United States; Set Your Goals, Every Time I Die, We Are The Fury and Boys Like Girls have all experienced accidents in the same part of the country

no mention of the exploding hearts?

That's not where the Exploding Hearts crashed; they crashed on their way from Berkeley to Portland, so it was somewhere on Highway 1 (I thought). Also, I was just referencing stories that were in our current website's news archive, which only goes back to 2005.

no mention of the exploding hearts?

That's not where the Exploding Hearts crashed; they crashed on their way from Berkeley to Portland, so it was somewhere on Highway 1 (I thought). Also, I was just referencing stories that were in our current website's news archive, which only goes back to 2005.

oh okay, also i'm pretty sure it was in eugene, oregon

oh okay, also i'm pretty sure it was in eugene, oregon

Right you are; the crash was most likely on Highway 5, as that runs straight through there. Either way, it's hours and hours away from the stretch of I-80 in Wyoming where most of these accidents are taking place.

Right you are; the crash was most likely on Highway 5, as that runs straight through there. Either way, it's hours and hours away from the stretch of I-80 in Wyoming where most of these accidents are taking place.

i was involved in a van and trailer spinout on that stretch of I80 a couple years ago while driving to denver.

it's great to hear that everyone on am!s bus is ok. i've been touring for the last 8 years, and a situation like this is my biggest fear.

Not just Bayside, but a shitload of other bands. That stretch of road is terrible for a couple reasons. One, it's cold, windy and icy up there. Two, bands are usually heading out that way from Denver heading toward Salt Lake (or vice versa) in the middle of the night. It's a long drive so they typically do it as an overnight drive. It sucks bad.

I did a story on Bayside when they came back to Colorado following the crash. It was one of the saddest things ever. Even the coroner I talked to up in Wyoming was a little shaken up by it. I'm trying to find the PDF of that but I can't. It's got the actual accident scene diagrams and stuff. Spooky stuff.

Most people already know this, but I'll say it for the young folks who think everybody in a punk band is a rich rock star: it would shock you what bands have to go through just to come to your town and play a few songs. They don't eat, exercise, get much sleep, etc. They drive WAY too long, all hours of the day and night. They don't have health insurance. They're dirty. They are on the road away from their loved ones and kids half the year. They have to drive through sketchy neighborhoods to play at sketchy clubs just to (maybe) get paid. The list goes on. And it's nearly impossible for a band of four guys and a roadie to drive in a van and sleep while being buckled in. People sleep on the floor, in the back, and those are the guys that always get killed. OH, and don't forget they get their gear stolen all the fucking time.

I guess what I'm saying is support DIY musicians, labels etc. and when your favorite band comes to town bring them some food, invite them to stay at your house, give them the bed for the night, and for heaven's sake buy a t-shirt.