Vinyl Collector of the Month, Dave Hofer

Guest admin1338560633

He's gonna have to keep his hopes down about finding Suffocation’s

“Pierced From Within” on vinyl, since it was never pressed as an lp. Cd & cassette only...

And regarding Morbid Angel's "Formulas Fatal to the Flesh" it's the one and only M.A. album never to be put out on vinyl. Such a shame since it's probably their most twisted and challenging material to date.

I just appreciate the fact the he purchaced Bone thug's-Est 99 that is my favorite gangsta rap album of all time,i dont know if its cause im from ohio or what but i love that album

apeman - I totally thought that Pierced From Within came out on LP, I guess not. Formulas also has not come out, I've discovered for sure. So weird that some bands will have most of their catalog released on LP except for some of the best albums!

It's really a shame with those two albums, but both Roadrunner and Earache were very infrequent with their vinyl releases from the mid 90's and onward.

Cargo Records in Germany have been doing a handful of Roadrunner releases on vinyl lately - everything from Merciful Fate to Obituary, Life of Agony and Type O Negative - so if we're lucky, they might get to the Suffocation stuff, eventually.

Thanks, guys.

Justin - I still have your Sludgeworth record!!!

Apeman - I emailed my PR contact at Earache the other day after we started this discussion and he was like, "I don't know why Formulas never came out on vinyl! Let me ask!"

He then told me that it wasn't released because the album came out during a vinyl popularity "slump," and that hopefully they'd get to it in 2009. Sweet.

• 2 weeks later...