NBA Discussion

everyone made a big deal out of espn ranking kobe at 48... which i'm pretty sure they did only to get themselves attention. but ranking durant at number 8? you fucking kidding me?

I don't care what happened in the last ~2 seconds of the Wolves/Bulls game -- the Wolves won that game (and then subsequently lost it when Wiggins made an oops).  I'll take 6 points and 17 assists from Rubio, and 33 points and (what should have been) a game-winner from Martin.

If the Wolves miss the playoffs by one game, this one will kinda hurt, but for now I'm just glad that the Wolves played pretty well down the stretch.

Check out the box score to last night's Cavs-Jazz game. 6 total assists for the Cavs and 0 assists for the starting point guard- Kyrie Irving. That's sad. It also kind of proves my point that Irving is more of a SG than a PG.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400578358

Check out the box score to last night's Cavs-Jazz game. 6 total assists for the Cavs and 0 assists for the starting point guard- Kyrie Irving. That's sad. It also kind of proves my point that Irving is more of a SG than a PG.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400578358

To be fair, LBJ does dominate the ball

That last game against Portland came out of nowhere. How could they give up 84 points in the first half to a team that was on its 4th game in 5 nights, and only having played 2 games in 6 days, with both against Portland? I really thought that Denver would have a better shot of contending for a playoff spot from last season.

That last game against Portland came out of nowhere. How could they give up 84 points in the first half to a team that was on its 4th game in 5 nights, and only having played 2 games in 6 days, with both against Portland? I really thought that Denver would have a better shot of contending for a playoff spot from last season.

Me too. I drove down to Portland on Sunday for that game and didn't expect much since we always suck at the Rose Garden. But that beating in Denver was fucking brutal.

You follow the team more closely, so what's going on with the team? Something just seems dysfunctional around the team.

From afar, it looks like there are a bunch of players that were suited for coach Karl's system that are now being used in a new system that they are not as suited for. I also never understood the whole situation with firing their coach. I would be okay with making the playoffs every year, and at least have a chance to do something in the playoffs, even if it doesn't work out every season.

You follow the team more closely, so what's going on with the team? Something just seems dysfunctional around the team.

From afar, it looks like there are a bunch of players that were suited for coach Karl's system that are now being used in a new system that they are not as suited for. I also never understood the whole situation with firing their coach. I would be okay with making the playoffs every year, and at least have a chance to do something in the playoffs, even if it doesn't work out every season.

There's definitely an element of rusty play on offense. As soon as Gallo and Afflalo find their shot (which they both seemed to do tonight), that's really going to open things up in the paint for Ty and our bigs.

Shaw's been getting a lot of shit lately, especially for his weird lineup choices, but it really just seemed like he was grasping for any combo of guys who could score and would at least attempt to play some D.

We had a really rough stretch last season with I think like an 8 game losing streak, so if we're just getting our bad stretch out of the way at first, then I can live with that.

what a pathetic end to the celtic game last night. as soon as it came down to a last second shot, i finally realized how far they are from having anyone clutch anymore.

what's worse was that the last few minutes of the 3rd quarter, they played a brand of basketball that i haven't seen since the big 3's first season together. crazy hustle, making all the right passes, brilliant shot selection, and overwhelming defense. it also helped that the ball seemed to just bounce their way during the entire run, but that's the funny thing about momentum.

but goddamn, as once the 3rd quarter ended, so did all of that. they built up a huge lead, handed it right back in the 4th, and completely blew the game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sixers just offered $75 passes to 5 games in February.  Before there was $20 and a meal, 20% off, 25% off and autographed posters from our rookies free with ticket purchases for certain games.  Terrible.  Has anyone noticed how they dim the lighting in the upper levels so it looks like more people are there?  I'm pretty sure they move people down to fill in the lower bowl hahaha

Sixers just offered $75 passes to 5 games in February.  Before there was $20 and a meal, 20% off, 25% off and autographed posters from our rookies free with ticket purchases for certain games.  Terrible.  Has anyone noticed how they dim the lighting in the upper levels so it looks like more people are there?  I'm pretty sure they move people down to fill in the lower bowl hahaha

It was either last year or the year before, but we bought Sixers tickets so cheap off of Stub Hub that we bought enough tickets for an entire row. And, only 4 of us actually went to the game. 

• 2 weeks later...

Nuggets got the Knicks pick last year and we have the right to swap picks next year. But why, dear lord, do we not get their pick this year!?

I couldn't be fucking happier you don't! Hahaha.

We got just a protected first and second rounder from Cleveland and OKC.

Fun fact: we don't have a first rounder next year. What ever pick we get after the swap goes to Toronto for the Bargnani trade. FML

Glad the Cavaliers made a trade today. The last few years with Waiters I was rarely overly impressed with his performance, he's way too streaky and the problems he's had / caused in the locker room are unneeded. I'm not sure how J.R. Smith will be any better but maybe he'll straighten himself out now that he's on a possible contender and playing with LeBron and just is an instant difference off the bench. I could also see them trading / cutting him once LBJ, Kyrie and the team is fully healthy. We shall see. But I am really, really excited for Shumpert and I think he adds a defense spark the Cavs need and need bad. Now it's time for them to get a big man! Send off some picks and possibly Smith.