NBA Discussion

I think he'd still get the assists. I personally believe LeBron is a better passer than he is a scorer.

When he passed the ball out from under the rim off that rebound to Antawn for the 3pt'r,

before he pretty much even touched the ground in Game 5, I literally stood up and exclaimed "HOLY SHIT."

It's not how many he gets, it's how he does it. The guy has great IQ when it comes to passing, he can make plays.

Why exactly are the Lakers playing 1 game between now and Saturday? Game three of the series between the Lakers and the Jazz is next Saturday. That's silly.

They drag the NBA playoffs out for so damn long. Its pretty ridiculous.

Also I cant believe the Laker game ended up as close as it did yesterday. Especially after the way it started.

Why exactly are the Lakers playing 1 game between now and Saturday? Game three of the series between the Lakers and the Jazz is next Saturday. That's silly.

They drag the NBA playoffs out for so damn long. Its pretty ridiculous.

Also I cant believe the Laker game ended up as close as it did yesterday. Especially after the way it started.

I figured there would be some evening out since the Lakers weren't going to shoot 72% for the game. Still the bench looked pretty bad after actually looking pretty good.

It's a shame that Vinny Del Negro had to go out the way he did. I don't think he should have been hired in the first place but he had 2 great seasons/post seasons with a mediocre team and it didn't help that the team lost Gordon and replaced him with nothing. I doubt any coach is going to do much better if they don't make major off season roster changes (lebron, wade bosh), especially if the coach ends up being Byron Scott.

just because kobe and lebron get away with it doesn't make it right. if it's in the rulebook, it should be called. if they're not going to call it, they might as well take it out of the rulebook because it's a waste.

also, (and i'm not saying this is right, it's just the way the NBA has been since the late 80s) superstars get away with shit. just because kobe and lebron can get away with their crab dribbles doesn't necessarily mean that rajon rondo should.

i realize i look biased right now because of the seemingly anti-boston posts i made earlier in this thread, but if my own bulls' mr. rose got away with this same exact play, i'd be calling bullshit, too. it's shit like this that is my biggest gripe with the NBA. if they want it to be street ball, they should just take these rules out and let them play like the And-1 Mixtape guys are allowed to play. otherwise, these violations should be enforced. the fundamentals of the game have seriously declined in the past 15 years to the point where it's disgusting to watch sometimes.

Dan, don't totally disagree but I think sometimes it takes a super-slow-motion replay to see something like a foot slightly slide. Plus, I'm personally fine with a few inch slide being let go. If the feet come up and move its traveling is a fine standard.

As for Kobe, the move I'm speaking of was one where he did not travel.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':9hb8gr34]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':9hb8gr34]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

that's not to say that i only enjoy talking sports with people i agree with. moreso i enjoy the fact that even when there is something you and i disagree on (which seems to happen more in the baseball thread for some reason...?) you can discuss it like an intelligent adult. you cite examples and discuss statistics. while i may not always agree with the points you make, i always appreciate the way in which you make them.