NBA Discussion

I still dont think the Suns have a shot at winning this series cause I really dont think they can beat the Lakers in LA BUT it wont matter if the Lakers make it to the Finals cause they keep playing like this they are going to get fucked up by Boston.

Seriously, how fucking hard is it to beat a zone defense in the NBA?

I could see if the T-Wolves or Nets were struggling with it but this is the goddamn defending champs here. I love Fisher but he needs to do a hell of a lot more to break down this zone. Put Brown in the game since he is the only PG who can drive the ball and see what happens. I guarantee that zone collapses real quick.

Also, it should not be that fucking hard to get a bounce pass in to Gasol. He should be dominating inside with Bynum. Bynum hasnt done a goddamn thing this whole series.

Im hoping the Lakers pick up Bosh, its sad that they even need him tho.

I still dont think the Suns have a shot at winning this series cause I really dont think they can beat the Lakers in LA BUT it wont matter if the Lakers make it to the Finals cause they keep playing like this they are going to get fucked up by Boston.

I could see if the T-Wolves or Nets were struggling with it but this is the goddamn defending champs here. I love Fisher but he needs to do a hell of a lot more to break down this zone. Put Brown in the game since he is the only PG who can drive the ball and see what happens. I guarantee that zone collapses real quick.

Also, it should not be that fucking hard to get a bounce pass in to Gasol. He should be dominating inside with Bynum. Bynum hasnt done a goddamn thing this whole series.

You're overreacting.

You're overreacting.

How?

If they play like this against Boston they will get beat...badly.

They have no idea how to beat the zone defense.

With 3 7-footers they should dominate inside and they arent.

You're overreacting.

How?

If they play like this against Boston they will get beat...badly.

They have no idea how to beat the zone defense.

With 3 7-footers they should dominate inside and they arent.

Well first off, there's another team out there with decided advantages. Nash is an amazing player and Amar'e when motivated is good. Phoenix is deeper. So, the Lakers weren't guaranteed a damn thing.

Secondly, they'll figure out how to bust the zone. It'll be Kobe driving and kicking and Pau asserting himself. Pau needs to stop being a ninny.

Further, Bynum is hurt. He needs surgery. He's too slow to defend the Suns right now so he's just not going to be affective. That's all there is to it.

And lastly, Odom needs to play better moreso than anyone else. Fisher is what he is and has always been, a good PG for a triangle. He's not going to bust a zone like Deron Williams, Rondo, or Paul.

If the Lakers lose it'll be because Phoenix exploited their biggest weaknesses not because the Lakers played badly. Two teams play every game.

And frankly, Nash getting a ring would be nice. I'd hate it to be at the expense of the Lakers though.

if the PHX bench shows up and plays well in LA, they have a very good chance. it was the same thing in the SA series. LA has the bigs but PHX has the depth and any team that can play 5 bench players down to the 3 - 4 minute mark of the 4th quarter and build a lead against most of their opponents starters has a good shot.

Wow, I saw Joey Crawford was one of the refs and I figured it would be a foul and Tech filled game but then the other refs are making terrible calls. Perkins didn't even commit a personal foul and he walked away from the refs and didn't exaggerate any more than any other player has and they T him up and he gets ejected.

I missed the first T that Perkins got but that second one was complete bull shit.

That was a very bad call to begin with on the foul but then to give a guy his second T(especially in a playoff game) by how Perkins reacted was ridiculous. Perkins literally did what everyone does every time the ref makes a bad call against them.

The first T was very debatable too, he was helping someone up and kind of elbowed Gortat in the chest slightly. It might have been intentional but it really could have gone either way. The second one was absolutely terrible. Perkins did everything they tell you to do when you get a call you think is bad, he turned and walked away from the ref and just kept talking to himself. He wasn't even jumping around or yelling or anything. Also if the T holds up it's his 7th of the playoffs so he's suspended next game but I know it won't stand.

Oh man, what a heartbreaker for the Suns.

Did you guys see the Artest interview after the game when Sager asked him why he took that shot instead of running out the clock? Artest is so ignorant he doesn't even have the nuts to say that he made a mistake, instead he just kept saying "Well, you gotta play basketball." What the fuck? hahahaha

If he hadn't scored the winner, he would have been wearing the horns for sure if the Suns ended up winning.

Did you guys see the Artest interview after the game when Sager asked him why he took that shot instead of running out the clock? Artest is so ignorant he doesn't even have the nuts to say that he made a mistake, instead he just kept saying "Well, you gotta play basketball." What the fuck? hahahaha

If he hadn't scored the winner, he would have been wearing the horns for sure if the Suns ended up winning.

This drives me crazy. ARTEST WAS RIGHT! He had a wide open shot. If he nails it the game is over. The Suns were scrambling, his feet were set, everything was right for him to make it. He's a very good set shooter. He can't stop shooting because he hasn't been scoring. If Kobe takes that shot its fine, no one says a thing. Artest was right in the interview when he said he just has to play basketball. He can't think, "oh wait, I haven't been shooting well, I shouldn't take this shot." Then he'd play tentative and he'd be more likely to make a mistake. People seem to have forgotten Artest used to be a hell of a scorer.

Richardson banked in a straight on three. How often has anyone here seen that? Maybe 2-3 times all year? The Lakers played good "D" and the Suns got a nice bounce to tie the game. The Lakers returned the favor and won a game they deserved to win.

Yea he did the same thing in another interview recently.

The media around here has been on him hard all year. He hasnt played great but he hasnt played terrible either this season and he's always been a great player and I think he is just tired of getting ragged on by the media. I think he just doesnt wanna talk about it. Id rather have him do this than lose his mind and just go off on people haha.

Yea he did the same thing in another interview recently.

The media around here has been on him hard all year. He hasnt played great but he hasnt played terrible either this season and he's always been a great player and I think he is just tired of getting ragged on by the media. I think he just doesnt wanna talk about it. Id rather have him do this than lose his mind and just go off on people haha.

Amen, who the hell is Craig Sager to question a professional shot selection. He can't even pick out a decent suit.

This drives me crazy. ARTEST WAS RIGHT! He had a wide open shot. If he nails it the game is over. The Suns were scrambling, his feet were set, everything was right for him to make it. He's a very good set shooter. He can't stop shooting because he hasn't been scoring. If Kobe takes that shot its fine, no one says a thing. Artest was right in the interview when he said he just has to play basketball. He can't think, "oh wait, I haven't been shooting well, I shouldn't take this shot." Then he'd play tentative and he'd be more likely to make a mistake. People seem to have forgotten Artest used to be a hell of a scorer.

Richardson banked in a straight on three. How often has anyone here seen that? Maybe 2-3 times all year? The Lakers played good "D" and the Suns got a nice bounce to tie the game. The Lakers returned the favor and won a game they deserved to win.

I agree that if Kobe takes that shot, no one says a thing. I just don't think Kobe takes that shot.

Most coaches aren't happy when you could run a full 24 seconds off the clock when there's under a minute left and you have the lead and instead take an unnecessary shot two seconds into the clock.

Craig Sager is like a tabloid reporter, he's always asks questions like that just trying to get a reaction out of someone. He's the guy that always asks that question to piss the guy off first before he asks about anything good that the guy did. Hes more interested in trying to start a little drama than talking about the game. Artest hits the game winning shot in a very important playoff game and the first thing he asks him is about the 3 pointer he missed.

I never use to mind Craig Sager, I think I was too busy going WTF to his suits than listening to what he was saying.

I agree that if Kobe takes that shot, no one says a thing. I just don't think Kobe takes that shot.

Most coaches aren't happy when you could run a full 24 seconds off the clock when there's under a minute left and you have the lead and instead take an unnecessary shot two seconds into the clock.

If you're open, you shoot. The Lakers are the bigger team and should have a good chance at the rebound. Its not nearly as bad of a shot as people make it out to be. Its not a good one but its not horrible either.