NBA Discussion

I think the Suns are going to run the shit out of the Lakers and beat them

That's predicated on the Lakers missing shots allowing the Suns to get out on the break. If the Lakers push the ball in to the low-block and get high percentage shots they should quell some of the ability for Phoenix to get out in transition. It'll be an interesting series though. As a Lakers' fan I would be okay with Phoenix winning if they also won the title because getting Nash a ring would be cool.

The Celtics are continuously surprising me. I did not expect them to win the first game of this series. I thought it could go to maybe 6 or 7 games but with them playing catch up the whole time, not leading by 20+ at some points. Although they almost gave it away. It's going to be a great series regardless of who wins.

Im really hoping for another Celtics/Lakers Finals. There is nothing better for me when it comes to basketball than the Lakers beating the Celtics...especially in the Finals.

Plus the Celtics are hot so it would be a great series.

Hope the Lakers sweep and Boston/Orlando goes 7.....let Kobe and Bynum rest up. Kobe looks so good after getting a week off.

Also, did anyone see Brown nearly jump over Richardson? That was ridiculous. He didnt make the dunk but it was still better than anything he did in the dunk competition.

I think its more that the Celtics are just playing great right now.

No one on the Celtics is playing beyond their ability though. I mean Rondo had that amazing night but its more about consistency with them than one player carrying them.

Not totally sure because I've been watching more baseball than basketball other than the Lakers but I just get the feeling Orlando isn't a top-tier playoff team.

Orlando is certainly a top-tier playoff team. The Celtics just match up against them better than any other team in the league. Their depth at C/PF allows them to not double team Howard and foul him whenever he gets good position. That really takes Orlando out of their offense and prevents their three point shooters from getting open looks.

Orlando is certainly a top-tier playoff team. The Celtics just match up against them better than any other team in the league. Their depth at C/PF allows them to not double team Howard and foul him whenever he gets good position. That really takes Orlando out of their offense and prevents their three point shooters from getting open looks.

Agree 100%

Orlando's go-to players do not seem to bring "it" every night. They'd be about the third or fourth best team in the West, if that. Vince Carter isn't exactly reliable.

I'm not sure outside of Orlando playing well against a good team there's anyway my mind is going to change.

I wouldnt mind getting a LITTLE but more offense out of Wallace off the bench. He has had some ok looks and hit some important shots, esp in the cavs series, but I don't have a ton of faith in him when hes just throwin up 3's

Ray allen was virtually invisible last nite.

Id much rather have Perkins in the game than Glen Davis...Perk needs to learn to shut his mouth when he gets called on fouls, regardless if they are ticky tack or not.

Orlando's go-to players do not seem to bring "it" every night. They'd be about the third or fourth best team in the West, if that. Vince Carter isn't exactly reliable.

I'm not sure outside of Orlando playing well against a good team there's anyway my mind is going to change.

Vince Carter is not consistent, I agree with that. I completely disagree with the rest. I think Orlando would be the 2nd best team in the west, and I think they could give LAL a run for their money. The Magic would destroy a team like the Suns in the playoffs.

(maybe not destroy the Suns, but easily win in 5 or 6)

Yea I think Orlando is much better than the Dallas or Phoenix who came in 2nd and 3rd in the West.

Orlando is pretty much the same team they were last year, maybe losing a little by replacing Turkoglu with Carter. They have a healthy Nelson tho and they made it to the Finals last year and beat some pretty good teams along the way.

I think the Celtics were just playing well under potential for the 2nd half of the season and they are finally getting back on track now and playing how they should be.

When they are playing like this they are easily one of the top 2 teams in the East. I think Cleveland is far more over rated than Orlando.

Its funny how when the Celtics are losing they are old but when they are winning they are experienced.

The problem with Orlando is that their "dominant" post presence has no post moves to warrant a double team. He gets hustle and power points. While that can add to a significant number on paper, his offensive game doesn't force the defense to make adjustments allowing the D to stay home on all shooters.

McHale, Parish, Olajuwon, Ewing, Duncan. Those guys all had post moves that made the defense committ multiple defenders allowing an open pass to a spot up shooter. The common thread is that each of them scored at will without having to get to the tin. Howard being such a big physical specimen has never needed to do any of that and now he's peaked. We'll see if in the off-season he develops some offensive moves to alleviate those weak points but right now Orlando just doesn't have it with him in the post.

Vince Carter is not consistent, I agree with that. I completely disagree with the rest. I think Orlando would be the 2nd best team in the west, and I think they could give LAL a run for their money. The Magic would destroy a team like the Suns in the playoffs.

(maybe not destroy the Suns, but easily win in 5 or 6)

I'm just stating my opinion. Turk did a lot more for the Magic than they realized.

Fact is, when your BEST player can't be in the game late its a HUGE issue. Its why Shaq never won without a killer sidekick like Wade or young Kobe.

Proof is in the pudding and right now Orlando's pudding tastes like fail.

Orlando's best player doesnt have anyone even close to being on the same level as D-Wade or Kobe tho. All he has is a bunch of 3-point shooters.

Howard is still really young and raw so its hard to say he's peaked. The guy is still learning how to score in the NBA consistently. I agree he needs a lot of work on the offensive end. He's extremely atheltic for being as big as he is tho and I have no doubt that within 2 years or so he's going to be a serious offensive threat, especially working with Ewing.