NBA Discussion

Well Okur isn't much of a center, he's a 3 pt shooter.

True but that makes Bynum get out of the paint and gives them another big body on the floor. Even with Okur, I dont see them really beating the Lakers

Eh, I bet you Bynum doesn't cover Okur specifically to make sure he doesn't leave the paint. Bynum gets Boozer, Gasol gets Okur but then what do you do with Odom? Stick AK47 on him? Then what do you do with Kobe? The Jazz do not match-up with the Lakers well right now.

True but that makes Bynum get out of the paint and gives them another big body on the floor. Even with Okur, I dont see them really beating the Lakers

Eh, I bet you Bynum doesn't cover Okur specifically to make sure he doesn't leave the paint. Bynum gets Boozer, Gasol gets Okur but then what do you do with Odom? Stick AK47 on him? Then what do you do with Kobe? The Jazz do not match-up with the Lakers well right now.

With the Lakers have 3 players at nearly 7ft tall there arent many teams that can match up with them when they have Gasol, Bynum and Odom on the floor....and like you said then you still have to worry about guarding the best player in the league plus an above average point guard. I wish they used those 3 bigs guys together on floor more than they do. One of them is almost always out of the game.

There are a bunch of teams out west that the Jazz just can't compete with in the size department. Pretty much every other dominant team has a solid center and a solid backup, whereas we have a bunch of dudes just below 7 feet, but no one who can really post up and get blocks and easy shots. We definitely need to let Boozer go, make Okur our power forward and get a good big man to really get back into the swing of things. I like Andrei, and he's adjusted well to his new role as a defense-minded bench player, but it wouldn't be a huge blow if the Jazz got rid of him before next season.

But yeah, Jazz are totally fucked against the Lakers.

Yeah, 5-24 and it's that close...I think that the Lakers win the next 2.

Go Portland! I would love to see that match up!

I dont think anyone is worried about the Lakers. They are still up in the series and lost a close game where Kobe wasnt even a factor. I doubt Kobe has another game like that the entire playoffs.

I really hope Houston wins that series. I dont wanna see Portland if we dont have to. Lakers have lost 7 in a row in Portland. I think the Lakers would still take the series vs. Portland but if I had to pick Id rather play the Rockets.

Props to Philly. Their role players are making the Magic look like a bunch of overpaid pansies. R Lewis has to be the most overpaid player in the entire damn NBA.

Fucking Magic. Same shit year after year.

was at the game, such a great finish. kinda depressing that they can't even really come close to selling off playoff games, hoping Sunday is more crowded.

pretty much a shooting lesson from kobe tonight. dude was on fire.

Kobe was fucking ridiculous last nite. That was so fun to watch.

Looks like the Cavs will complete the sweep today. I cant believe the Pistons traded Billups for Iverson. That worked out really well for them. Billups is the reason the Nuggets are so good this year. They finally have a real point guard. Iverson made himself better, Billups makes his whole team better.

That Celtics/Bulls game was great. Double OT and the end the 4th and the 1st OT were really exciting to watch. I wanna see the Bulls win that series, I fucking hate all things Boston.

pretty much a shooting lesson from kobe tonight. dude was on fire.

I cant believe the Pistons traded Billups for Iverson. That worked out really well for them. Billups is the reason the Nuggets are so good this year. They finally have a real point guard. Iverson made himself better, Billups makes his whole team better.

I can't believe how much better the Nuggets are after that trade. I really think that Detroit was thinking more about salary/future when they made that deal. It's the only way that it makes sense.

Damn, Portland is letting me down. I guess I gotta start gearing up for the Rockets/Lakers match up. I think it should be more exciting than the regular season games though. I expect to see a lot of D from Houston.