poison the well - test press?

eroc

I have this same one...#9/10...

I asked Ed at Goodlife (label that pressed it for Trustkill) about it and he had no idea what it was. He said that he had never seen it before. He guessed that it could be something done by a fan with the silkscreened cover.

I contacted the guy selling it (he sold another one last week or so) and he told me that the guy he got it from said it was a test press.

I got mine years ago and can't even remember how or what the details were regarding its authenticity. Don't get me wrong...I am not doubting it...it could very well be a test press but no one seems to know for sure...

This is mine:

[image]

[image]

i actually just bought a first press of THE OPPOSITE OF DECEMBER off this guy on ebay last week. i originally had a bid on the test press, but then changed my mind and went for the first press instead. the first press is definatley legit, but i had my worries about the test. now i'm glad i didn't win it. the guy has positive feedback on ebay though and was super cool about the shipping and shit. but somehow, i don't believe that those are actual test presses. i've never seen tests with color AND labels. but who knows.

Guest nickman

response from Ed:

"you are quite right : this is a guy who bought 10 records, created his own sleeves and invented a little story to up the price on his vinyl !"

the record itself is not a fake but the jacket is questionable. i think someone on here emailed goodlife about a copy of theirs that they had just like that one and goodlife had no clue what it was. my guess is someone took 10 blue copies and made their own jackets and sold them. highly doubt thats a test press w/ full color labels if goodlife didnt even know what it was.

by the way, id love to own a colored copy of this record. i have a copy on black. whats the going rate these days for it on blue in a regular jacket?

No offense but I wouldnt put it past Ed either though. Having worked with him years ago he pressed god knows how many of my bands first ep and claimed that everything was the from the same press and never repressed. meanwhile the second pressing had photocopied inserts and the printing quality of the jackets was absolutely awful. regardless, the actual labels on the test make me wonder about the authenticity of the PTW as well.

i ended up getting it for $56. maybe i paid too much? maybe not at all. either way, this record was a huge part of my life back in '99. so it was well worth it. the cover is a little dinged up, but overall in good condition. it's the only time i've seen a first press of this for sale, so i had to nab it.

i can't wait for the pre-order of versions so i can snag up all the colors.