concerts: do you wear earplugs?

I had ringing for two days. Never want to have that again.

i forgot to take a pair once when i went to opeth and i couldn't help it -- i had to physically plug my ears for like two hours. when i saw the bronx and bad religion a few weeks ago i didn't have any so i chewed up a couple sticks of gum and wrapped them in a napkin then molded them into my ear. it was kind of gross, but it worked really well.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at sxsw this past year I saw a place to bury strangers. The call themselves the loudest band in new york and holy fuck was it loud and brutal. I was searching my pockets and asked my girlfriend if she was holding the plugs, but no. We walked away...and and a good distance away, but you could still hear them perfectly. so fucking crazy loud.

i wear earplugs 100% of the time. I already suffer from tinnitus...have for years. I jumped on the ear-plug bandwagon too late...and now I'm fucked for life. I havn't read any other posts in this thread...but seriously kids, fucking wear ear plugs unless you don't plan on living past 45...then you don't have to worry about hearing anything anyways

i generally keep a case of them in my car

me too. nothing worse than fucked up hearing after a show. i would even argue that most shows sound better with plugs. but to each his/her own, i suppose.

I'd say that's more relative to where you're standing/sitting and the quality of the plugs

i started wearing earplugs after the first Warped Tour I attended (2000 i think? maybe 99?) I came home from warped and no lie, my ear rang for 4 fucking days straight...I had band practice (highschool marching band, not rock n roll at all) each of those days so I had no break at all for my ears...I remember not being able to hear the kids around me at practice and how odd that was too me.

if you drink, alcohol relaxes yr muscles. Your inner ears are made up of muscle. Sound is more likley to do more damage when when impaired/intoxicated. There is NO cure for hearing loss.

Been sportin plugs for 10 years now. I plan on doing this for the next 50 years. The one time i forgot plugs, i regretted it. MORBID ANGEL is the loudest band ever.