Update from Justin (employee here at VC)

hackman

Hey everyone! I'm writing you all from Phoenix, AZ. Been here since the end of august learning how to build and repair guitars. I know this is off topic but I'll be short. I have been in touch with many of you and a lot of you have been the coolest people I've come to meet. Sharing the same passion for music as me. So I thought I'd share some pictures of the guitars I've been building. I'll be back working at the warehouse in february and I could not be more excited to come back home and balance my time between the vinyl, my band (Only Thunder), and making guitars. Enjoy!

The guitars

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=1413452&albumId=1816903

The band

www.myspace.com/onlythethunderrock

Guest kylewilliam

awesome to see youre doing well.. id love to talk to you about building a guitar for me... the jazzmaster i have now is starting to crap out and id love to get a new one... it'd be awesome to have one built by someone from this community .

Duuuude...they look sick! Definitely post pics of the finished product. That pearl pentagram inlay on the fretboard is awesome.

HA! yeah, that guitar is going to be pretty funny once it's done. I'm building for Mikie from Suburban Home Records very own band The Revenge. All that stuff was his idea. It's pretty fun seeing it come to life.

awesome to see youre doing well.. id love to talk to you about building a guitar for me... the jazzmaster i have now is starting to crap out and id love to get a new one... it'd be awesome to have one built by someone from this community .

I'd be more than happy to. I won't be able to do so until summer of next year. Need to get a shop going and all the tools and what not. Thanks for taking the time to look at the stuff!

Dude...Not to be gross but in the picture in the acoustic, is that dude wearing a thong or is that just a jungle of pubic hair?

He is wearing a thong. It's pretty gross. My instructors are not too stoked that I put that in there. But the head instructor of the acoustic guitars is kind of a douche so I did it to piss him off. I'm not really planning on making acoustic guitars for awhile. It takes a lot more skill and tools and patience to do so.

These are pretty killer guitars. I bet it'll be hard putting so much time into building one of these and then letting go of it, at least for the first few you sell.

The darker guitar with the white binding is already sold and it is 10 times better than the one I built for myself. So yes, it is already hard to let go of that one. Although the whole glowing fetus thing isn't really my style so....but it is funny and it's what he wanted.