Suburban Home signs In the Red

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

Suburban Home is really excited to share with the world that we have signed Carpinteria, California's http://www.myspace.com/intheredrock In the Red. In the Red features Mike Hale on Guitar/Vocals and Matt Glasgow on Drums. We had earlier announced that we would be working with Mike on his next solo album. It is really exciting for us that in addition to his solo material, we will be also working with his rock band.

As I got to know Mike we had quite a few discussions about In the Red. Our friends at Kiss of Death released their debut album, Volume 1, and everyone at Suburban Home just loved the record. We also all really like Mike and honestly, it is very important that we have a good relationship with our acts. There was a little hesitation on behalf of Mike because many of the records we had released this year were singer/songwriter and/or Alt-country/Folk, but I reminded him that we have worked with a lot of rock bands including Ghost Buffalo, Stereotyperider, Love Me Destroyer, LaGrecia, and more and that with Vinyl Collective, we had released a lot of heavier acts. Luckily I convinced him to give us a shot and in 2009, we will be releasing their new album.

For those of you unfamiliar, Mike Hale had spent a lot of time in the No Idea Recording artist, Gunmoll. When Gunmoll disbanded, Mike moved to California where he started In the Red. If I had to compare In the Red's sound with a few bands, I would say that they would fit in nicely on a bill with Hot Water Music and Leatherface. They are an incredible band and I am so excited to be working with them.

In the Red are currently working on Volume 1.5 which will be their entire Volume 1 release recorded acoustically. And by year's end, they will begin recording the new album, Volume 2. Until then, please make sure you pick up their first album and check out a few songs on their http://www.myspace.com/intheredrock myspace page.

personal preference aside, as i was not at all into that record...the /100 interpunk exclusive of vol. 1 is still avail 6 months after it's release...

this kinda tells me people aren't jumping all over this bandwagon...

that is weird, we sold nearly 100 through our site alone