favorite lesser known albums of 2008

podface

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd hardly call what we did that night in mexico "making love"...

But I would call it sexy.

On a serious note, I didn't mean to insult you in terms of "you think you know everything about music". I actually just thought it was hilarious how many people were like "I have diverse taste!" when you commented otherwise. I get it's a natural reaction on their part but it's still funny.

Thomas Function - Celebration

This was missed by so many. Hell this would appeal to many on this board and no one got it. I just don't get why it was not loved more, maybe cause it dances a line between sounds/scenes. Punks think its indie rock, hipsters don't see it on their favorite blog so ignore it...

Anyway, check it out, good good good.

How did you hear about Thomas Function?? have they made it that far North in that van of theirs? I'm honestly not a huge fan...I know some of those kids, and still not a huge fan...I like their earlier incarnations of that band much more

my pics are:

Taylor Hollingsworth - "Bad Little Kitty"

Dexateens - "Lost and Found"

Baak Gwai - "Find A Stranger In The Alps"

Thomas Function - Celebration

This was missed by so many. Hell this would appeal to many on this board and no one got it. I just don't get why it was not loved more, maybe cause it dances a line between sounds/scenes. Punks think its indie rock, hipsters don't see it on their favorite blog so ignore it...

Anyway, check it out, good good good.

How did you hear about Thomas Function?? have they made it that far North in that van of theirs?...Not A huge fan of theirs...i know some of those kids...just not a huge fan...but to each their own

my pics are:

Taylor Hollingsworth - "Bad Little Kitty"

Dexateens - "Lost and Found"

Baak Gwai - "Find A Stranger In The Alps"

Guest kylewilliam

the knockdown - test/retest [on kiss of death, AMAZING debut. cant wait for them to release more.]

good luck - into lake griffy [sO GOODDDD]

and more, but im tired

Polar Bear Club - Sometimes Things Just Disappear (RIYL: Third Eye Blind covering A Wilhelm Scream)

don't to sound like a dick. but PBC aren't really lesser known anymore. they're pretty big now.

I dont think you sound like a dick, but you and everyone else who seems to think they're "known" are morons. They're unknown as fuck. Being on the editor list at punknews doesn't mean shit, because at the end of the day maybe 2,000 people know who they are and like 100 of them have actually bought the record. They might be big at home, but these dudes are busting ass for a 10 to 40 person turn out at best on good nights. Meanwhile the Mai Shi, who no one is arguing the inclusion of, can easily get 100 people a night at a show. The difference? PBC are known to kids who troll message boards and music blogs. They're still tiny as shit.

Gods Reflex - When It's Down To This

http://www.myspace.com/godsreflex

My favorite local band from a decade ago reunites, records and releases a brand new album and then goes right back under the radar. Incredible emotional punk/post-hardcore, recommended for fans of Jawbreaker, Jets To Brazil, Texas Is The Reason, Sparta, etc.

Procession Came Opposite-Pillars

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=2279538

Moving Mountains-Pneuma (granted, this came out in 2007, but it was re-released on Deep Elm earlier this year so I will include it)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus....4-2 968c10337ff

Lemuria-Get Better

www.myspace.com/lemuria