As Cities Burn - on VINYL - moving forward

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
Are you going through the band or Tooth & Nail?

Tooth & Nail have been slightly difficult to work with so far. Well, they have been really nice, I have just been in contact with them since February about a release and they are really slow at responding to emails.

Are you dealing with Chad?

I don't really consider them the same band that put out Son anymore. I like Come Now Sleep alot (except for the first song, which I hate untill the acoustic bit at the end, which is awesome) and to be honest, I think they did the right thing distinguishing themselves from the rest of the christian hardcore crowd.

I agree with you, although I think they stood out to me from the beginning. More influence on alternative and less on metal did them a lot of good in my opinion.

It was useless of me to nitpick. I like both albums a lot. Now that I'm listening to Son again I'm glad I'm not the person who made the decision of which album to press.

I'm also curious, as I've thought about this much myself, do you ever hesitate to buy an album because you absolutely cannot stand the first song? I never bought the Mars Volta's Amputechture because I'd rather just listen to an MP3 of lesser quality than have to sit through track 1 and a couple other drawn out, ambient tracks.