Into The Wild soundtrack on vinyl (HELP!)

There was a fan club exclusive presale for this at 10am this morning, but I'm fucked up on cold medicine and it completely slipped my mind, and now it's sold out. BUT there are supposed to be independent record stores getting copies for the street date of January 29th, so I'm sending out a plea to anyone here who has a good indie store nearby: Please, please, PLEASE pick up a copy for me if you see it and I will gladly Paypal you the cost +$5 for your efforts. I'm a die-hard Pearl Jam fan, and I always seem to get the shaft when it comes to their vinyl releases.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

several UK sites are selling it, but as usual, its rip-off britain once again with most places having it for £19.99 + post

i have found one for £14.95 + post

www.systemrecords.co.uk

got no email from pearljam.com about this! :-(

thanks for the heads up dude!

Go into your account and make sure your e-mail notifications are turned ON. I think the default is off for some strange reason

This is a fantastic community. I can't believe how folks at this place help each other out.

This is going to be a great package. Here is what they said about it:

"Initially released digitally and in compact disc format, Into The Wild has been recorded on to high-grade audiophile vinyl. The vinyl release includes an extended version of the album track "The Wolf", plus a bonus 7-inch single with both studio and live versions of the track "No More", a 28-page full color booklet with lyrics and exclusive liner notes by Director Sean Penn."

I was online today right at the presale time and was able to get it. Just over an hour later it was gone.

I'll keep my eyes open for it at Record Time in Detroit.

several UK sites are selling it, but as usual, its rip-off britain once again with most places having it for £19.99 + post

i have found one for £14.95 + post

www.systemrecords.co.uk

got no email from pearljam.com about this! :-(

thanks for the heads up dude!

Go into your account and make sure your e-mail notifications are turned ON. I think the default is off for some strange reason

according to my profile, my emails notifications ARE turned on.

i check my email account many times a day...

never got the news...

ah well, happy enough that a UK outlet had it at a reasonable price (a reasonable price relative to UK prices which are ridiculously and phenomenonly high).

i so wished i lived in the US....sometimes ;)

seriously, anything to do with music, the States has it in spades.

never got the news...

ah well, happy enough that a UK outlet had it at a reasonable price (a reasonable price relative to UK prices which are ridiculously and phenomenonly high).

Bummer. I got screwed out of the Benaroya vinyl because of the e-mail notification being turned off. I've received all the e-mails since I turned it on

never got the news...

Bummer. I got screwed out of the Benaroya vinyl because of the e-mail notification being turned off. I've received all the e-mails since I turned it on

I wasn't aware there were any fellow PJ fans here besides jhulud. That's awesome. And I don't own the Benaroya box either. :-/

Haha, I actually don't get a ton of PJ stuff off ebay because of the ridiculous prices the vinyl usually goes for. I've just been slowly building my PJ collection piece by piece for a while, and hopefully I'll at least own all the full lengths and key singles one day. Then maybe I'll try for some of the more expensive stuff, like Benaroya or Soldier Field.

http://www.auralexploits.com/

has it for preorder and they say it is the special limited edition version. That is strange to me because the Pearl Jam fan club said it would only be available through them. hmm

I didn't see anything from the Ten Club that said anything was exclusive to them...

But in any case, thanks! I missed out via PJ because I was at work and forgot

Monkeywrench and Vinyl Films Records is proud to announce the release of the limited vinyl version of the soundtrack to the film Into The Wild. The release will be celebrated with an exclusive Ten Club pre-sale beginning January 14th at 10am Pacific.

Initially released digitally and in compact disc format, Into The Wild has been recorded on to high-grade audiophile vinyl. The vinyl release includes an extended version of the album track "The Wolf", plus a bonus 7-inch single with both studio and live versions of the track "No More", a 28-page full color booklet with lyrics and exclusive liner notes by Director Sean Penn.

This very special and very limited vinyl release will be available only at pearljam.com beginning January 14th, for $20 USD plus shipping, while supplies last.

Into The Wild vinyl will be released in stores on January 29th.